Movie Toys! - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Toys!

I don't care for the movie figures and vehicles because of the spring loaded weapons and the 25th Anniversary line is better. I'd rather see more 25th Anniversary figuers of characters yet to be released. Still, I certainly don't have a problem with fans and collectors of GI Joe to get the movie line toys.
    Go Salukis!!!
    Go NY Rangers!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not sure what the hoopla is over the gun handle on the Night Raven. These toys are made for little kids to play with. I'm pretty sure some kind of ship I had as a kid had something similar. It might have been Star Wars or Batman or something...but I remember a gun handle and I remember it being much easier to hold and play with...

The spring loaded missles are kinda blah but its not like they matter that much. And also again, Hasbro is thinking about kids here, not us.

Beast Wars used spring loaded weapons and I rather enjoyed torturing my sister in law with them by shooting her randomly when she was over with my brother.

I like the blue Cobra Ice tank. The Night Raven I will have to see. The Humvee and snowmobile are a pass, but is it weird? I really want the giant mole borer. Reminds me of that old Sunbow episode where CC and Destro tunneled around.
    "I am still alive! Crusher, I'm coming for you! I want my old life back. And will you leave Bacon alone?"

SECRET SANTA CHECK MY WANTS FOR MY WISH LIST!
    Always looking to buy, sell, trade: Please CHECK my want lists:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ahyde%27s+list

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    Well, in a word, yeah. Nearly all of the posts in this thread dealt with discussion of the movie toys, both likes and dislikes. That is the purpose of this thread, and adds to the discussion. Yours was simply bashing everyone that didn't like the toys. It added absolutely nothing, except maybe comic relief. If it was meant in jest, that's great, but its not really easy to tell intent in print on an anonymous message board.

Yeah, you do have a very good point. And yes, it was just providing comic relief.

Fan-boys, hardcore fans, whatever we call ourselves in this community...we're all a fickle bunch. I mean I hate those Iron Grenadier figures from the movie line...they're so blah.

I've been a fan of GI Joe since I was a small boy and there are a lot of things I love about it and a lot about I don't. We are all different and unique in what we like as individuals.

My little joke was a generalization of a lot of the negativity that is more a knee jerk reaction from collectors here. Usually in the end...they buy some new Joe item even after bashing it days, weeks, months, or even years before.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rage

My little joke was a generalization of a lot of the negativity that is more a knee jerk reaction from collectors here. Usually in the end...they buy some new Joe item even after bashing it days, weeks, months, or even years before.
    I noticed that. Like when Movie Optimus Prime images came out and everyone freaked out "ZOMG he haz flamz!!1one!" Then of course everyone went out and bought the toys to the point where Hasbro was able to redeco the same one in blues and blacks. Then they release him with a more "movie accurate" head and everyone bought those too. ZOMG he has flames, indeed.

Its the same thing here with GIJOE. I'm a little tired of the whole damage cycle. I can't even imagine what the Hasbro people think. Probably a lot of head shaking and then smiles and head shaking when all the cash flows in later because all those people who said they would pass on it didn't pass.

People are still entitled to opinions on it though. I wouldn't think to stop anyone from not liking something they don't like. I'm going to take the "I'll wait till I see it in stores but I like what I'm seeing so far" stance.

Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    Quote Originally Posted by stad
    HUH?!! Are you remembering a different Conquest, perhaps? I sure don't remember any gungrip handle at all. In fact, I don't remember any Joe vehicles having that (in)action feature until the later, crappier jets, that were so small they didn't even need them.
    Off topic, and late, but maybe he was talking about the Ghost Striker X-16 (flashing lights, spring loaded weapons) or the maybe the Storm Eagle YF-23?

On topic, my son will be born sometime in the middle of May. These are the toys I'll probably buy and let him wreck in a few years. Maybe I'll keep one of those "Californeegoverator Humvees" to "Get Down!" with for myself.

Still gonna watch, and probably enjoy, the movie!

So far the only movie toy I insist on buying is Snake Fries. Since I already have Darth Tater, it's only logical.

Cobra Commander's Face.

VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

Talking Gun handle and thoughts.

Well having read through 5 or 6 pages of negativity i'm ready to post my own thoughts on it.
    First of all it wasnt the Conquest that had a gun handle.
    it was the Ghoststriker x-16 from 1993
    http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/93/gho...nstruct2.shtml
    Well done to cgenterprise who first answered that correctly

with that out of the way, I can honestly say I will probably pass on alot of what it on offer with the GIJOE Movie line. The only thing I will have interest in is the Cobra A.P.V, I will have to see closeups first but these look a great accompanyment to the Stinger and HISS that Hasbro has already released.

You guys should be thankful were not back in 1993 or whatever, that SUV would be bright orange and the Pit would be neon green!

I agree with Kessek and Falcone. If you dont like the weapons the figures come with, buy other weapons for them, I mean even as far back as 85 and 86 Hasbro released weapons packs (albeit some in crappy colours) but the idea was there to:
    "re-arm your gijoe troopers for battle"

Believe me, I've been really negative about the 25th line and the Movie since they were announced and I found out what hasbro's plans were, 19 or so years ago I would of gladly taken the time to write to them and tell them what i wanted or my thoughts, but clearly they'll do whatever they want anyways.

Best thing to do is to take what you want from what they are releasing, kind of a pick and mix alternative. Don't like them.. dont buy them. I haven't bought a single 25th figure.. but i'll be definately investing in the 25th Vehicles
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by kessek
    People are still entitled to opinions on it though. I wouldn't think to stop anyone from not liking something they don't like. I'm going to take the "I'll wait till I see it in stores but I like what I'm seeing so far" stance.

Bravo Kessek! Very well said.

I will admit that I am in the same boat. Wait and see and pick what I like and ignore what I don't.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz