Movie Toys! - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Toys!

To cgenterprise,
    You are right.
    They are only toys...
    Maybe for the second movie (it is a trilogy), we'll have decent Toys.
    Maybe the toys for the second movie'll never arrive in Europe.
    Maybe...
    This is the situation now, I hope next G.I. Toys'll have more realism.
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    Check this out, as it seems to have been overlooked. In the bottom right-hand corner there's a promo code of "GIJOE10" for a 10% discount on the toys at WWW.HASBROTOYSHOP.COM.

You should also check out WWW.GIJOE.COM, which is all over this insert. It has links to 25th stuff, a complete history of all Joes, FAQ's, etc. This just re-emphasizes my point that more and more will be introduced to the Joes we knows.

I agree CG. With the movie Night Raven we at least know that Hasbro has the rights to that name. With more awareness of G.I. Joe we may even get some more reissued vehicles like the original Night Raven.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    IF Hasbro does the whole "handle on the plane" maneuver withe Night Raven like they did with the Thunderwing, it could be pretty decent. The basic look is good, an old-school Night Raven with an updated look. If the handle-on-the-plane gimmick is done right (aka like the Thunderwing), then this will definitely be in my collection.

The PIT, on the other hand, just looks like total crap.

To me GI Joe was never about realism, seriously think for a moment, we used to have campy vehicles such as the pogo and buzzboar, exposed turrets on almost every vehicle, and glass canopies on tanks! If you want realistic you should be collecting 21st century and other true 1/18 scale military lines.

The new toys are meant to be updates of an old toy line for children, if you really want toys you love and remember, you can pick up the reissue vehicles that Hasbro has been giving us this past year. I don't think they are doing anything particularly wrong or dooming the line, in fact I think the success of the movie line is crucial to us getting more reissues/remolds based on the classic stuff. Just look at Transformers Universe toys for example.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so its good to see what people think whether it be good or bad. I for one will hope this line succeeds thus leading to a bigger market for GI Joe toys and maybe a new cartoon, a game is already confirmed by EA and that helps the line too. Just look at the Star Wars toys, they got the BMF and AT-TE last year, and this year they are getting a new Turbo Tank all because of the Clone Wars cartoon.

BTW, Im sorry Neaopolitan joe, but original Night Raven > Sky Raven. Im just sayin...
    Last edited by Viper Commander; 02-12-2009 at 07:22 PM.

I sort of like the looks of the Night Raven, looks OK to me - Are there things I would change, if I was designing it? Sure... But for what it is it's alright.

The PIT I'm not big on, and will not buy.

The Cobra mole pod, I sort of like (but I liked the Buzz Bore, and Pogo back in tha' day, so that's self explanatory... )

The Cobra hummer I won't get, nothing there i want.

And, so far I sort of like the figures I've seen (if for nothing else, fresh custom fodder)

As I've said before I have low expectations for the Movie. But the toy line doesn't look all that terrible to me...so far...

AND, if it brings kids to the line and increases the popularity, It might work in our favor... I can also hope that Hasbro will continute to throw us old skool fans a bone every now and then with some stuff targeted towards us... would be nice huh? I'm thinkin' if a bunch of kids are buying this stuff up like crack, then maybe we will get that bone tossed to us every now and then...
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

Wink

BTW, Im sorry Neaopolitan joe, but original Night Raven > Sky Raven. Im just sayin... [/quote]

I agree with You, Night Raven > Sky Raven, but Sky Raven >>> movie raven!!!
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

Quote Originally Posted by neapolitan joe
    BTW, Im sorry Neaopolitan joe, but original Night Raven > Sky Raven. Im just sayin...
    I agree with You, Night Raven > Sky Raven, but Sky Raven >>> movie raven!!! [/quote]

Oh yeah most definitely!

Joe, if you can you should submit nice shots of your Sky Raven to the YoJoe archive, the plane there are pictures of looks sad

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/90/sky...n_front2.shtml

Planes with handles should have "exploding" cockpits and laser-tag technology. Just a thought. Mobile Pit better be radio controlled at that price. It's a big toy, but it doesn't look like $100.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!