Firefly prototype questions

yojoe.com

Firefly prototype questions

I just picked up this 1998 Firefly Prototype, but I believe you experts will call it a "test shot".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180326614331

Firefly was my all time favorite figure and I am happy to have the many versions of this original mold in my possession. I am up to 13, including 2003 convention, 2003 convention pink prototype, and the green BJ prototype. So my question is on this black test shot, which figure was it for? 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, etc. Or does it even matter?

Also is the Urban Assault prototype figure going to be hard to get or find? What do you think it should be priced at? Thanks for the look and the posts. Mike

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by just_joes_by_mike
    I just picked up this 1998 Firefly Prototype, but I believe you experts will call it a "test shot".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180326614331

Firefly was my all time favorite figure and I am happy to have the many versions of this original mold in my possession. I am up to 13, including 2003 convention, 2003 convention pink prototype, and the green BJ prototype. So my question is on this black test shot, which figure was it for? 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, etc. Or does it even matter?

Also is the Urban Assault prototype figure going to be hard to get or find? What do you think it should be priced at? Thanks for the look and the posts. Mike
    I don't think I understand your question about the date of the test shot. The title of the thread, in text of the post, and the ebay auction all say it is from 1998. Do you feel that is wrong?

You are correct in calling it a test shot. There are many stages in the prototype/preproduction process and yours is a test shot. Here is the link to an awesome article on Joe Intel explaining the prototype process.

http://206.188.22.144/general_page_d...MDM=&desc=desc

As for a price on Urban assault firefly, I have no idea. I personally do not know. I do not pay attention to the newer stuff. It is definately worth what ever you are willing to pay for it.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSON
    I don't think I understand your question about the date of the test shot. The title of the thread, in text of the post, and the ebay auction all say it is from 1998. Do you feel that is wrong?
    I guess what I mean is: Starting with the 1998 Polar Firefly and ending with the 2005 Crimson Guard Force Firefly, all the firefly figures used the same mold. I am assuming so since they all share the same "funskool" waist piece and all have "1998 China" on the legs. So I assume it does not matter where this test-shot is from!!

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by just_joes_by_mike
    I guess what I mean is: Starting with the 1998 Polar Firefly and ending with the 2005 Crimson Guard Force Firefly, all the firefly figures used the same mold. I am assuming so since they all share the same "funskool" waist piece and all have "1998 China" on the legs. So I assume it does not matter where this test-shot is from!!

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Well, the pic on the listing is down, but I can tewll you from my own buying, if the figure was white, it is the Polar team version, as stated. The only other colors the Firefly mold showed up in regularly as an unpainted test shot was Pink from the 2002 con, Black from the urban set and from (arguably) the Crimson set as well as the 2002 con set, then black with a brown head from the Tiger Force set (as wreckage). I haven't seen a red or green version unpainted, as in the BJ's pack. The only other one I know of is the comic pack version, which is grey with a white head. There certainly could be more, but those are all of the ones I know of off the top of my head.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Still wanting the all white firefly test shot and the black with brown head one.

Shoot me a pm if you have and are looking to sell.

What a great day!! Just got my all white firefly test-shot in the mail today. Great condition with the backpack and cover.

Gi Joe Firefly Prototype Big Ben - Gijoe ARAH - eBay (item 110654053328 end time Mar-04-11 13:24:18 PST)

Still looking for any other test-shots or prototypes!!

Quote Originally Posted by just_joes_by_mike View Post
    What a great day!! Just got my all white firefly test-shot in the mail today. Great condition with the backpack and cover.

Gi Joe Firefly Prototype Big Ben - Gijoe ARAH - eBay (item 110654053328 end time Mar-04-11 13:24:18 PST)

Still looking for any other test-shots or prototypes!!
    That's awesome! Congrats on a cool score.

Quote Originally Posted by yeti76 View Post
    That's awesome! Congrats on a cool score.
    Thanks, and sold the Lt. Gorky (was mislabeled in the auction) figure to another collector to boot.
    Last edited by just_joes_by_mike; 03-14-2011 at 12:28 AM.