Possible Variatn Dreadnok Thunder Machine

yojoe.com

Possible Variatn Dreadnok Thunder Machine

I have a couple junker DTMs and i was trying to make one decent one and i noticed the upper bodies were different colors. At first I chalked it up to yellowing the more i looked at it though the more it looked like it was black insted of blue. Let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0026.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	4574  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

it just looks like one is real dirty and weatherd

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They are different.

There is a place here who had a MISB T-Machine for $35 about 12 years ago that I scooped up. I got home and opened it up and thought I remembered my original being a lighter blue. A few weeks later I went back to the store to pick up some items I had on hold for me and saw two loose T-Machines in a tote together. One was the Blue I remembered and the other looked like mine.
    Not quite black, more of a midnight blue. Me being the Sherlock type I tried to find out what the deal was. I had a friend who worked for a sign company explain to me that sometimes, they would get plastic from their supplier and receive a second shipment of the same color. Using both in one job sometimes resulted in variations in the way the plastic aged. They changed color due to temps and sun and age. More than likely they all looked the same when they were new, and changed color over time.

Hope that helped,

Mike

so thats what i said weatherd

Sort of, but weathered is not a good term. Aged is closer to the truth, as my last one came out of a mint box. Plastic with different material contents, in this case maybe the dye, will react differently to exposure to various sources.

As I said, they all most likely looked the same when they rolled off the line.
    But they look different now. Who knows when this happened, but I have seen about the same amount of both, so I wouldn't start calling either of them rare or variants.

Michal

The logo on one looks smaller than the other.
    ~Pit-Viper~