Triple Win vs. Non and Peach vs. Grey

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Triple Win vs. Non and Peach vs. Grey

Hi guys,

Can someone explain to me the chronological order of these variations? Also, which is more desirable in your opinion? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Bigbot; 04-07-2009 at 09:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not sure about triple win, that must have been on the front. But to answer your ? regarding filecards would be this.

Peach 1982-1985
    Grey 1985-1989?

Fuzzy about when they changed from grey. I know 1990 had some different color ones for sonic fighters

The 1985 figs have both peach and grey if they were released in 1986. ie. crimson guard you will find both.

You're the man, Mike, thanks.

I am still trying to figure out the Triple Win variation. You would think the non-offer versions came first, but I have heard conflicting stories.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

one 84 figure (Storm Shadow) is also on both peach and grey cards.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    one 84 figure (Storm Shadow) is also on both peach and grey cards.
    True that...I have the grey version. Actually that's what got me kinda wondering. That and I started noticing poeple advertise the grey versus peach.

got an extra grey SS? I still need one.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot
    True that...I have the grey version. Actually that's what got me kinda wondering. That and I started noticing poeple advertise the grey versus peach.
    I always was perplexed by this... If it has a flat logo, it has a peach card. The only year it really affects is the '86- the '85 figures (and storm shadow!) that were still being produced for the switch to 3-D logo/grey cards. I got so many ebay questions because I did not advertise peach or grey... "Is this a peach card"? Yep- check the logo! And a '86 or later figure will never have a peach card so there is no reason to advertise the color of the card.

People have said all offer cards were later releases of the figures. I don't know if that is true or not, but it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    got an extra grey SS? I still need one.
    Negative, AJ. I got pretty lucky when I picked mine up. One of those over looked auctions... I wish you luck though!

Quote Originally Posted by kurthalsey
    People have said all offer cards were later releases of the figures. I don't know if that is true or not, but it would make sense.
    That's what I figured as well. But then I bought from a reputable dealer/source that said he believed the triple win Tomax/Xamots came before the non-offers.

I was looking for a cherry set of MISB Twins. Now I find myself owning one of each variation...both cherry. I was contemplating letting one go, but I want to keep the earliest release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot
    That's what I figured as well. But then I bought from a reputable dealer/source that said he believed the triple win Tomax/Xamots came before the non-offers.

I was looking for a cherry set of MISB Twins. Now I find myself owning one of each variation...both cherry. I was contemplating letting one go, but I want to keep the earliest release.
    I've seen other offers on Tomax and Xamot too... the Sgt. Slaughter for sure.