Just a heads up to a seller, selling fakes - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    They do not claim that they are vintage on that auction. So, I do not think there is any thing legally wrong with that auction.
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSON
    I do not think there is any thing legally wrong with that auction.
    There is if they are bootlegs.

Resigned in Protest
    They do not claim that they are vintage on that auction. So, I do not think there is any thing legally wrong with that auction.
    Chris
    Uh...you know those are illegal forgeries of licensed Hasbro products, right? And because of that, they are illegal, violate copyright and trademark laws. If you tried to ship those from another country, into the United States, they would be confiscated and destroyed by US Customs.

There is A LOT wrong with that auction.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Angry

Reported... AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    Uh...you know those are illegal forgeries of licensed Hasbro products, right? And because of that, they are illegal, violate copyright and trademark laws. If you tried to ship those from another country, into the United States, they would be confiscated and destroyed by US Customs.

Exactly what he said. Thats why not only do I report to ebay I also report to [email protected]. They will be the ones who eventually shut it down and file criminal charges while ebay tries to get out of it's own way

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw

I have been educated. I guess I was trying to say that there was nothing that Ebay could do about it, because it is our word verse that of the seller. Ebay does not know anything about gi joe and the seller does not claim that they are real. So, I could see them not doing anything about that auction.
    Chris
    Last edited by TOPSON; 04-25-2009 at 05:29 AM.

One thing I noticed besides the rivet, was the cobra emblem almost looks like it has mickey mouse ears Funny stuff!

After emailing a couple buyers who bought Storm Shadows from tamama325 to let them know what they actually bought, the seller emailed me this morning. He claims not to know much about GI Joe, and particularly the difference between the US & Chinese releases. He's also updated his auction, explaining the figures are the Chinese Hasbro versions.

I'm not yet convinced they are the Chinese Hasbro products since, despite all the figures, he doesn't have any packaging (which of course is reproducible...) and his pictures look exactly like the 2009 bootleg figure airedevon has. In the event that these figures are legit, his auctions are still a bit shady as he doesn't admit when the Chinese versions were released (read: not vintage).

I have been educated. I guess I was trying to say that there was nothing that Ebay could do about it, because it is our word verse that of the seller. Ebay does not know anything about gi joe and the seller does not claim that they are real. So, I could see them not doing anything about that auction.
    Chris
    eBay removes them when Hasbro, who participates to some degree in their VeRO program, tells them to. As I understand it, reporting items to eBay gets the item forwarded to the IP holder, who then replies with the Yay or Nay on removing the listing. I've seen literally 100's of Transformers bootlegs get removed when the seller didn't disclose the figure is a fake. Part of the getting the attention of Hasbro to remove these is number of people properly reporting them.
    Last edited by roboticplanet; 04-27-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Resigned in Protest
    The Chinese versions from 1992 are only different in two ways - the stamp was changed to Made In China, versus Hong Kong, and the neck post is larger, as is the opening at the top of the torso.

There are NO variations in flesh tone paint, or a totally wrong cobra sigil on the chest. The seller needs to knock this off before he's outted to Hasbro's corporate security - which I think is coming soon. And by outted, I mean all of their personal contact information. It's pretty obvious this person has access to factory resources and is most likely under the employ and contract of a Hasbro licensed/contracted factory.
    Last edited by RedClaw; 04-27-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Talking this is..

this is pretty bad... actually let me rephrase it.. it's very bad for the hobby and those who spend alot on their collection.

I'm not saying it's wrong to buy figures for army building, great if you can have a score 100 cobra soldiers to use in a photograph etc, but when they are passed on from person to person without knowledge it hurts the geniune people who might think they are geniune hasbro releases.

It's even more worrying to me that they are reproducing figures at an alarming rate and look quite authentic without closer inspection.. stuff like this destroys vintage collecting as people get hurt by spending $ on stuff they think is geniune only to be told they've not got the real deal.

It also puts off potential new members, i know a few people who saw this with TF and SW and have told me they didnt buy into it because of the bootleg/knock off issue.

Props to those out there reporting and educating, i'd like to think that even after 2 or so years no interest, i could still buy geniune figures.

Note to buyers, obtain good pictures from sellers, and also get clear accurate description of what your buying, stay informed and educated and research the piece your bidding on to avoid disappointment.

refer to the GIJOE guide written by mark bellomo and of course the yojoe archives and if you get stuck, ask us a question here and we'll try and help!
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?