Just a heads up to a seller, selling fakes - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

whoa, check out his ended auctions too. He's been busy.

I may be emailing some buyers once they leave feedback.

I was in contact with another Florida area seller who was selling them 5 at a time, and getting less than $6 each. I was willing topay that to get a few to take a look at, but I missed his auction and missed his second chance offer, then was contacted by Ebay yesterday, saying they were removed and I could not buy them.

I am sure I am in the minority when I say I am willing to buy these if they are cheap and high quality, regardless of any "secondary market" damage. Bootlegs don't generally bother me. $5 each is cheaper than retail for 25th and modern style, and I greww up with the figures in this style rather than the 25th.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This type of thing makes me want to stoptrying to aquire new joes altogether.

When did people get so amoral? I mean jesus, I've seen some things over the years, but this takes the cake. It's like in house funskool factory....

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    I would buy them as well, but i only seem to catch sight of them here, after the auctions have been shut down.
    jeez, are we collecting loose joes for profit now too? i just want the chance to get an affordable army like the rest of you guys. and i certainly wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few minty white storm shadows either.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog
    I would buy them as well, but i only seem to catch sight of them here, after the auctions have been shut down.
    jeez, are we collecting loose joes for profit now too? i just want the chance to get an affordable army like the rest of you guys. and i certainly wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few minty white storm shadows either.
    The bootlegs themselves aren't the problem, so much as the scum sellers trying to rip everyone off. It's likely some of the Trooper auctions you've seen will be resold by the buyers as vintage figures for vintage prices.

This idiot has been pulling that exact scam with Storm Shadows he bought straight from China (see his buyer feedback) : http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-Storm-Shado...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sure everyone could be satisfied if the manufacturers weren't trying so hard to imitate the originals and do something such as add identifying markings to the figures like "KO".

With that ohiogirl account it looks like they are just trying to make up for their own bad luck of paying so much for fakes. It couldn't be much of a scam reselling them. A bit of profit maybe and obvious dishonesty, but hardly full blown scam. But you could be right, there is pretty undeniable proof the mint SS she's selling came from a Chinese lot.

The Troopers totally fool me (eh, elbow rivets maybe....), but the flesh color on the arms of the Storm Shadows looks so comic pack. Maybe it's because they're pointed out as knockoffs, but early figures had a rather pale flesh color to the arm plastic.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Mutato
    That's HOT!!!

Is it me or they look quasi identical to the vintage troopers? (the rivets look fine to me, but I can't tell much from the low-quality pics)