Just a heads up to a seller, selling fakes - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    So are there two sources for these figs? You have one guy straight from China, here: also see his comment about "the other guy" selling fakes!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-Cobra-cu...%3D3%26ps%3D33

And then a possible seller from the UK? At least the majority of the toys in his video are UK:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Gi-joe-Black-Cob...d=p3911.c0.m14

This seller has white, black, crimson, and now camo versions of the soldiers. At least he has BIN for $20 on a single purchase. Where the other guys is all auctions. I am thinking the price will start to dive down now with two sellers and one setting a market price. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just got the black, white and jungle ones from The Black Major on ebay which is one of the links dropped in the post above. To be clear, these are bootlegs and not customs. He is saying "custom" because "bootleg" will probably get your auction pulled. These were made in a factory but not by Hasbro.

The quality of these figures are outstanding. The plastic has a different, lighter feel but still solid enough. Knee joints are a tad loose, but still hold position. But the paint apps are top notch. They painted the rivets and even the leg screws! Honestly, I feel like these are worth $20 a pop. Given that is the price for most of the convention figures, I can say that I obtained some exclusives of my own that are vintage style and not a rehash. (Jeez, even bootleggers have original ideas.)

The best part, no one can complain these are fakes of the originals and de-valueing their collection. Hasbro never made these and never will.

I do not have a problem with these particular figures for that exact reason....they are 'originals' and are noted as such.

What concerns me is the quality. If they can make red, white, black, and jungle camo look this good, then obviously they can make our beloved classic blue troops just as easy. These look to be some of the best yet, so how long will it be before we are flooded with blue bootlegs that are very, very difficult to discern from the true originals?

At least with some of the previous bootleg auctions the differences were fairly obvious once you knew what to look for. Now, some details are being paid attention to by the bootleggers that stood out before.

...bootleggers. Once it was 'shine, now it's Cobra Soldiers.
    Last edited by tripwire; 08-20-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    A most excellent idea sire!

my Wants:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/13558...tml#post812661

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    not bad considering they were selling for $100 last month.

I finally got one for $20 BIN, I'm satisfied.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    not bad considering they were selling for $100 last month.

I finally got one for $20 BIN, I'm satisfied.
    That's my point, the people bidding on that could have just bought the BIN one that was going at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    That's my point, the people bidding on that could have just bought the BIN one that was going at the same time...
    Obviously, this is now how the Chinese Mafia is laundering it's money and shipping it offshore. Duh.

EDIT: Bah, I should click the link first. I'd assumed that was one of the Chinese auctions.
    Last edited by GIJoeVSTransformers; 08-20-2009 at 11:54 PM.

I can see why people embellish or just outright lie about things on ebay. Because someone always believes it. I guess that is why I still get spam saying that my long lost uncle from Nigeria died and left me 3 million dollars. They eventially find someone to belive it.

Is there any proof these were actually made in a factory? Even high quality bootlegs could be made in someones home.
    Soon I'll be able to see the quality of these figures myself.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    I just got the black, white and jungle ones from The Black Major on ebay which is one of the links dropped in the post above. To be clear, these are bootlegs and not customs. He is saying "custom" because "bootleg" will probably get your auction pulled. These were made in a factory but not by Hasbro.

The quality of these figures are outstanding. The plastic has a different, lighter feel but still solid enough. Knee joints are a tad loose, but still hold position. But the paint apps are top notch. They painted the rivets and even the leg screws! Honestly, I feel like these are worth $20 a pop. Given that is the price for most of the convention figures, I can say that I obtained some exclusives of my own that are vintage style and not a rehash. (Jeez, even bootleggers have original ideas.)

The best part, no one can complain these are fakes of the originals and de-valueing their collection. Hasbro never made these and never will.

I can say the same thing about the ones from the other seller. Got some out of Ebay (some crimson, black and tan) and i realy like them. If it's the only way to get some new o-ring figures, then go for ''Bootleg or custom''