Just a heads up to a seller, selling fakes - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Agreed. Those are pretty cool, and the guy labeled them "bootleg". Still don't want to pay that much for a bootleg. I've gotten discolored '83 Troopers for around $5-7 that could be repainted & restickered. Maybe he's just testing the waters.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cyko
    Agreed. Those are pretty cool, and the guy labeled them "bootleg". Still don't want to pay that much for a bootleg. I've gotten discolored '83 Troopers for around $5-7 that could be repainted & restickered. Maybe he's just testing the waters.
    The guy who is selling these had a thread advertising them, but it was locked soon after due the figures being bootlegs. I think the links will be deleted from this thread soon. Anyway, if you check that sellers completed auctions, he was selling both the troopers BIN for $40, then decided to auction them and got over $130 for each. He turned the BIN $40 to $130 and has just two more for auction. Nothing wrong with that IMHO, demand is exceeding supply.

He bought the figs at CanadianCon a few weeks back from a seller there. The pricing structure is similar to when the new 25th stuff comes out. A few pay through the nose to get the first ones, then the price comes down when more are available. I would expect to see many more of these in the near future. These are high quality bootlegs just like the blue troopers and viper pilots. IMHO these figures are being bootlegd due to the demand by collectors to build armies with the older ARAH stuff. Hasbro should have been on top of this years ago. They could have used this mold to produce mass quanitities of the 82-83 trooper in great repaints, and I am not talking about those ugly recent repaints with the new heads. Then the price would be at a level all can afford, about $5ea. The bootleggers and resellers would have no margin to even try!! But alas here we are...

Wow, this guy just sold another 119 of these for $850 - that's a lotta coin he's ripping off. I don't want to even know how many $1000's he's scammed in all.

Also, here's his odd youtube video he has listed in his auctions, as if it were there to try and argue they're legit figures or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAuWAN5gVns

Leave a comment, tell em what you all think.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1983 Cobra Viper Pilot on ebay

Everyone please be aware of this bootleg figure....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250433445560

These bootleg production runs are getting out of control. I just hope people don't get taken advantage of thinking they are buying original figures and get fakes instead.
    Selling/Trading away the following toy lines:
    ============================
    95-01 Star Wars, Original Indiana Jones

I saw someone two days ago listing five lots of 20 mint Cobra soldiers each. It's getting ridiculous and it doesn't seem Ebay is responding to report buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by onPoint
    Everyone please be aware of this bootleg figure....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250433445560

These bootleg production runs are getting out of control. I just hope people don't get taken advantage of thinking they are buying original figures and get fakes instead.
    And a damaged bootleg to boot! Check the rivet on his right elbow. Hope it stops bidding at $1.07...
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

I contacted the seller about their auction. They haven't responded to my email yet. I am not sure if they know it is a bootleg, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    Selling/Trading away the following toy lines:
    ============================
    95-01 Star Wars, Original Indiana Jones

Remember all those "prototype" and variant color schemed figures from a few years ago. I remember starting a thread about their falsity a while back and being berated for it. Once again, there are soooo many so called "prototype", bootleg and knockoff figures which have come from and are still coming out of china its not even funny. Same plastic, same paint, same everything. Not much more than elaborate customs. Don't be surprised if more than half of the rarest "preproduction" or "prototype" figures you know of are completely fabricated to make a buck off of collectors.

I don't know if this has been posted before
    But if any of you have seen the Tan Cobra KO figure
    you know it has this cobra symbol with a scorpions tail.

Well today I was looking for a vehicle for mine and I saw that my '94 Scorpion vehicle has the same symbol on it.

check out the sticker sheet here:
    http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/94/sco...stickers.shtml

kinda neat huh?

Who ever did that logo knows their Joe. Great stuff.