Just a heads up to a seller, selling fakes - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    With the news that Hasbro scrapped most vintage o-ring molds, I'm all for bootlegs. Tan, neon green, rainbow, purple Cobra troopers...bring 'em on. If Hasbro won't keep the vintage dream alive...(besides wow, Snow Job), it's up to the underground.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here is a whole new batch of custom Cobra figures in several colors. I actually think a few of these look pretty cool, and thanks to the seller for clearly stating these are customs. However, given the apparently pretty high level of quality for these, I am a bit nervous going after classic Cobra troops on ebay these days. Someone is getting much better at making them.

http://shop.ebay.com/the_black_major...=1&_from=&_ipg=
    A most excellent idea sire!

my Wants:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/13558...tml#post812661

Aren't they more like Remakes or Reissues than customs?

Like the reissue transformers that came out of China.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

how are they doing these, paint or dye? I like the fact this guy is actually stating up front they are customs, and those night ops troops don't look so bad.
    ..."Even COBRA Commander doesn't know much about Firefly. His fees are paid into a numbered Swiss bank account and are always payable in advance. He makes no guarantees and gives no refunds"

Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    Aren't they more like Remakes or Reissues than customs?

Like the reissue transformers that came out of China.
    no, they are more like illegal bootlegs...because that's what they are.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperchipper
    how are they doing these, paint or dye? I like the fact this guy is actually stating up front they are customs, and those night ops troops don't look so bad.
    neither, these are actually plastic molded in those colors just like Hasbro does with their figures.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

ahh, straight bootleg. Glad i've already got an 83 officer and 2 soldiers(blue ). like somebody else said, the customs/bootlegs are getting pretty good.
    ..."Even COBRA Commander doesn't know much about Firefly. His fees are paid into a numbered Swiss bank account and are always payable in advance. He makes no guarantees and gives no refunds"

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    if they aren't shut down tomorrow, i think I'm gonna get that red one and the set of black ones. don't hate, they are awesome. if he had some standard ones i would snatch them up.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

They are nice. But I dont see how they are worth what they want for them.

There are cool, but in no way worth what he is selling them for.