Just a heads up to a seller, selling fakes - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Theres also someone selling fake Storm Shadows from hong kong.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    i went through and contacted the other people who he's already sold the fakes to. told them they bought fakes and how to tell. we'll see what they do from here. sucks that they already left him good feedback though.
    I have reported it twice to ebay two seperate auctions and all they send is community watch thanks for your efforts emails but do nothing to remove it. I have also sent the link to hasbro fraud department. When people alert you they are selling fakes, I still it think it is bad, because there are too many people who will buy the reproduction item and pass it off as original and not enough people including myself know any better.

Is this the same guy that got booted "little zartans brother"? The brown table looks the same.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am so happy that I got my mint examples of these figures many many years ago.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by citizendan1st
    Theres also someone selling fake Storm Shadows from hong kong.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-COBRA-Has...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the current link, to the SS fakes. Also, many more auctions for one or ten in a set. At least the seller gives the buyer a close-up of the "made in china" rear shot. As we all know, a real SS is made in Hong Kong. So if you are a buyer and are expecting the real deal, you are stupid.
    Last edited by just_joes_by_mike; 04-11-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by just_joes_by_mike
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-COBRA-Has...QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the current link, to the SS fakes. Also, many more auctions for one or ten in a set. At least the seller gives the buyer a close-up of the "made in china" rear shot. As we all know, a real SS is made in Hong Kong. So if you are a buyer and are expecting the real deal, you are stupid.

Just because these were made in china does not mean they are fakes. Many Gi Joe figures were made in china and they are fully licensed by Hasbro.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Quote Originally Posted by TYPE*S*TOYS
    Just because these were made in china does not mean they are fakes. Many Gi Joe figures were made in china and they are fully licensed by Hasbro.
    You are absolutely correct, these were made in China!! But they are not original 1984 SS that were distributed between 1984-1986

Dude, come on!! You own a resale store for pete sake. So what are you saying? That a 1984 SS could have been "made in china" as the back of the crotch says. Because I looked at the back of my "real" SS and it clearly says "made in hong kong". I don't recall Hasbro fully licensing a 1984 SS "made in china". I do recall Hasbro fully licensing figures from about 1988, untill they started making them in Indonesia.

There was already a thread on these SS and Viper Pilots that were clearly fakes.

You are absolutely correct, these were made in China!! But they are not original 1984 SS that were distributed between 1984-1986

Dude, come on!! You own a resale store for pete sake. So what are you saying? That a 1984 SS could have been "made in china" as the back of the crotch says. Because I looked at the back of my "real" SS and it clearly says "made in hong kong". I don't recall Hasbro fully licensing a 1984 SS "made in china". I do recall Hasbro fully licensing figures from about 1988, untill they started making them in Indonesia.

There was already a thread on these SS and Viper Pilots that were clearly fakes.
    You cant compare the Storm Shadows to the Viper Pilots and Cobra Soldiers. Two completely different topics. To be honest no one even knows the origin of the Pilots and Soldiers other than they are considered fakes. The Storm Shadow made in China is a legitimate variation made by Hasbro post 1984.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Is this the same guy that got booted "little zartans brother"? The brown table looks the same.
    I don't think it is same guy unless they have a set up on east coast and west coast and 2 different ebay accounts. The guy who got banned doesnt seem like he sells fakes, it appeared to me from what I read that he was a victim of buying fakes, a little jerky too but who knows everyone has their day I guess.

So I would think not.

Quote Originally Posted by TYPE*S*TOYS
    You cant compare the Storm Shadows to the Viper Pilots and Cobra Soldiers. Two completely different topics. To be honest no one even knows the origin of the Pilots and Soldiers other than they are considered fakes. The Storm Shadow made in China is a legitimate variation made by Hasbro post 1984.
    Ok, where are these legitimate variations made by Hasbro post 1984 in the archives. I know of one unique example, of this. I believe Belgian or Dutch SS were made for a convention, they were bagged not carded, not sure if they had weapons. They would have been exactly like the real SS "made in hong kong" during the 80's.

These are clearly fakes. They may not be made by the same people who are involved but they would fall under the same bootleg forum. If you look at the pics, especially the arm rivets, they are fakes. Here is the discussion link, that talks about the SS knockoffs.

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=66440