Movie prequel Destro

yojoe.com

Movie prequel Destro

***** possible spoilers in thread*****

I liked this peek into the history of Destro
    and the "future" of Destro when the movie takes place.
    I didnt like Bucephalus
    especially 2nd to last page panel 3 I just dont see Destro doing that ...
    and it wasnt a very good likeness of Mr E, recognizable but barely, especially when you take into account the photo cover...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I didn't like this one as much as the Duke prequel. I agree with your comments on Bucephalus. It's interesting that so far these stories could almost fit into other Joe continuities. I wonder if the next issue will be the one that breaks from that trend.
    Chris

I enjoyed this one a lot- I am shocked beyond all belief how good the movie prequels are so far. At first I passed on getting them but the shop held them for me and when I looked at the artwork in Duke's prequel I was hooked.

Thought there was too much French in this one- it was hard to understand at times.

Bucephalus was the name of Alexander the Great's horse- I thought that was terribly original on their part.

Cheers
    CC
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

I haven't read the G.I. Joe movie prequel comics, but I have read the Transformers movie comics. They tend to be better than that actual movie. So, if that's the same case here, then prepare to be disappointed in the actual movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    I enjoyed this one a lot- I am shocked beyond all belief how good the movie prequels are so far. At first I passed on getting them but the shop held them for me and when I looked at the artwork in Duke's prequel I was hooked.

Thought there was too much French in this one- it was hard to understand at times.

Bucephalus was the name of Alexander the Great's horse- I thought that was terribly original on their part.

Cheers
    CC
    it wasnt the name it was the whole scene it was too over the top.
    apparently ole B has been used before:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucepha...opular_culture

that whole waving to the kids on the bus/train was just ridiculous, and another thing that Bucephalus sure didnt look too safe. I would have preferred a jet pack or somethng enclosed even. a hoverboard from BTTF!

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    .....that whole waving to the kids on the bus/train was just ridiculous, and another thing that Bucephalus sure didnt look too safe. I would have preferred a jet pack or somethng enclosed even. a hoverboard from BTTF!
    True- course, not sure becoming an international gun seller is the "safest" job profession to choose either.

The scenes did remind me a bit of Green Goblin from Spiderman........

I didn't care for the Duke one so I'm passing on the rest. I just don't really care about this version of the Joe universe. Plus at $10 a pop they are just way too expensive for a comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    I didn't care for the Duke one so I'm passing on the rest. I just don't really care about this version of the Joe universe. Plus at $10 a pop they are just way too expensive for a comic book.
    $10 really?? I didn't think they were more than $5- I think I better recheck my sales slips!! I dunno, I really liked the Duke one- Destro wasn't as good but still has me jazzed.

I do need to check my salesslip though- the last time at my comic shop, my bill did seem a bit high.

Cheers
    CC

The cover price is $3.99.

There isn't even an incentive cover that they could be charging more for.

Better check your receipt I think they over charged you.
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

If you bought both covers its close to $10 each title.
    which is a little spendy.