'Letter to Editor' opinion on GI JOE 2009 Convention Set - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    im going to guess in the extra exclusives as being the argen 7, cobra mortal, and white mortal all in 25th style.
    They say it is ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. But sometimes you need to have intelligent conversations.
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/10394...want-list.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dominic.18
    im going to guess in the extra exclusives as being the argen 7, cobra mortal, and white mortal all in 25th style.
    I think they'll be more along the lines of the Action Force repaints, such as the Scarlett/Quarrel that we've already seen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quarrel.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	4672  
    Last edited by stad; 04-18-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

What happened to continuing with ARAH sculpts? 25th is an automatic pass for me.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not terribly disappointed; the choice will save me some money. I plan to stop collecting when the movie comes out (more for the convenient stopping point than for any other reason). But I was going to get this year's convention figures anyway if they were vintage-style - one last hurrah, if you will. Since they're not, I'll just post the rest of my wanted list here when my next paycheck comes in and be done with it.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I really wanted to go to this year's con. And I really wanted this year's set to get me excited about doing so.

Instead, the club goes out and offers this abortion of a concept....and now I don't even know if I want to go anymore.

I don't mind so terribly much that they switched to 25th style figures. I like ARAH molds more, but 25th is where it is right now. What I absolutely cannot stand is the total lack of effort they put into the set.

This year's set shows no creativity, no imagination, and no energy put forth into developing it. They're even re-doing the Crimson HISS!?!? Freaking pathetic and freaking lazy.

What makes this even worse is the incredible exclusives being offered at this year's Canadian convention.....could they have possibly shown the GIJCC up any more? And to think I actually hoped that we would have something nice since they did so well with theirs.

Decisions like this make me hope that Master Collector really is getting ready to fold their tent....if it's just a business to them - and they obviously don't care anymore - then they don't need to be running things anyway.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

I haven't seen anywhere that they are re-doing the Crimson HISS tank.

I also doubt Master Collector is going anywhere anytime soon.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

Does anyone think the souvenirs will be old sculpt? That's what I'm hoping for but I suppose they'll make them 25th sculpt to match up with the rehased Crimson set.

I also have not seen any confirmation that they are redoing the Crimson HISS. But since they are already rehashing the main set with 25th, they can do the HISS as well since it was retooled for 25th. I would be surprised if it was something else. And of course, I already have a red 25th HISS that came with the Target UBP set.

I really have no desire to go to the convention now. I was already locked in to go to my 6th consecutive convention until the news of the set came out. Now I can't find any reason to go. They killed it that much for me.

This is where they need to stop with the secret squirrel stuff on the attendee exclusives and just come out and tell us what they are before the convention. I am already set to not go. If they want me to go, I need a reason. I bet many others feel the same way.

I'm somewhat disappointed. I was hoping for a Red Shadows set. Or really a Brazilian or Argen 7 mixed set. But I suppose the Crimson set must have been more requested than I would believe. I like the 25th style figures and perhaps they are trying to capture the new popularity. So many people have come back into the fold or become fans because of the new articulation.

I have always had a hard time forking over the $300 for these sets, but I love when they create new characters. I have to get them as I feel unwhole when there are new characters I don't own. I may try to pick up a few of the Vipers but I don't need 12. What will most likely still get my $300 is what ever the Foreign Souvenir figures are, since those will probably be new. I wonder if they will be in the 25th articulation?

I don't mind army builders at all. I don't even mind repaints - there are so many in the line that they are really just a part of it. The only thing I really don't like is the anniversary sculpts. I would happily pay the full price for the con set as long as they were still ARAH style, but the new articulation since the 25th Anniversary series started just hasn't hooked me. If the attendee exclusives have o-rings I'm sure I'll be paying an arm & a leg for them, but I doubt it'll add up to the airfare & room cost of the regular con. Aside from the experience, I won't be out anything by sitting this year out. Too bad, but I suppose nobody bats 1000.