$4.99 petition - sign on. - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    $4.99 doesn't really matter to me, as I already have all of the 25th Joes that I want. That price would not do me any good at all.

I think a better petition would, "Hasbro. Please Get it Right the First Time." Between the crotches, Flint, the Duke arms, and accessories, there are a lot more problems than the price of the figures.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Who cares? Like most online petitions of this kind, it can't hurt, but likely will not help
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by TYPE*S*TOYS
    I dont believe this statement to be true. Most things are actually coming down in price in light of the current economic conditions. Companies are willing to make less profit in order to just stay in business. Also Hasbro does not have to pay a large royalty on the Joe brand like they do for Star Wars yet they are priced the same?
    except there are other marketing factors to consider. they have to consider what is an acceptable price for all their toys so that one doesn't create the perception of being a cheap toy because it costs less, or one deemed too expensive if it costs more. if G.I. Joe is significantly cheaper, and consumers then consider Star Wars a rip off and stop buying them, Hasbro loses. this is far more complex situation, so you can't simply reduce or simplify the prices as if they aren't made in consideration of one another.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would like to thank those who have signed on and appreciate everybody's concerns. At least folks are talking about this. Thanks everyone for your honesty and pov's.
    Last edited by flash70; 04-25-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Persistence will get you everything...
    as long as you have a sense order in the universe.
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    $4.99 doesn't really matter to me, as I already have all of the 25th Joes that I want. That price would not do me any good at all.

I think a better petition would, "Hasbro. Please Get it Right the First Time." Between the crotches, Flint, the Duke arms, and accessories, there are a lot more problems than the price of the figures.
    Or petition for ARAh to come back.

Talking Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    Or petition for ARAh to come back.
    OMg.. that would be so funny if it happened..
    "hey look guys.. thanks n all for going to the hilt and investing in 25th.. but we've decided to go back to RAH mold.. it's just better for everyone"

hahahahahaha.. that's made my day thinkin about how funny that would be.
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

Also, using Star Wars as a cost comparison is not completely right either. Sure, Hasbro has to pay Lucas for every Star Wars toy, but the over all costs are spread out considerably more over a wider array of figures.

Furthermore, every GI Joe is "Super articulated" (to borrow the SW term), whereas not every Star Wars figure is. Consequently, every Joe is equivalent to the most expensive-to-manufacture Star Wars figure. In Star Wars, for every SA Clone Trooper, they can make three other figures with limited articulation to even out the costs - no such luck in Joe.

I agree in principle that the line has gotten too expensive too fast. But I don't know that 4.99 is a realistic price either at this point. I know Hasbro's answer though, as it's been used time and again, "We do not set retail pricing." And that's the real culprit - Hasbro has raised their unit prices to retailers, but retailers have responded to demand and raised their prices even more. The real petition goes to Walmart and Target and TRU.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Well, I guess not, but that doesn't change the fact that the petition would be about as effective as one asking Superman to please be real.
    Superman isn't real?!!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    Superman isn't real?!!
    No. I meant completely pointless and unnecessary, because we all already know that he is real.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    No. I meant completely pointless and unnecessary, because we all already know that he is real.
    Oh good. Because I am planning on doing something totally stupid and I want him to do that fly-around-the-planet-backwards thing to undo it to see if it really works.