Does Special Offers on MOC Figures Hurt Values?

yojoe.com

Does Special Offers on MOC Figures Hurt Values?

I have some MOC figures now. Most are plain regular MOC figures, but now I have some the come with the Micro Figures, Rings and Combat Pay. Do these promo extras hurt the value of the figure?
    I like pie..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If I'm not mistaken, some of them actually help the value as the piece is limited and harder to find.

Really? It just seems to me that some of the promo stickers cover up that nice figure artwork!
    I like pie..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Mutato
    I have some MOC figures now. Most are plain regular MOC figures, but now I have some the come with the Micro Figures, Rings and Combat Pay. Do these promo extras hurt the value of the figure?
    I think it depends on the collector. I collect first release cards, with no offers, but there are some collectors that want the offers.

I love the promo cards, especially the promos for the Micro Figures, Battle Ribbons, and Rings.

Oddly enough I avoid the Super Trooper and Fridge promos as much as possible because I find the stickers for those promos obnoxious.

It really does depend on the collector's taste.

I don't think it hurts the values, especially the '85 figures. Triple Win is very non intrusive to the card art.

Now on the 86' to '89 figures, my preference would be not to have a William Perry Fridge sticker or a micro figure covering up stuff, but I would still buy one if it was a nice figure.

I do sort of like the battle ribbon sticker, and think the red and black offer behind the figure looks great.

Super Trooper... Never! Never ever in a million years. Hideous!