News on Target Jets - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    all those jets popped back up at mine. 2 new vehicle packs did as well. a vamp and trubble bubble/bike. grabbed both ar 10.48 a pop and 1 PP conquest.
    be interesting to see how far on the discount scale they go. i suspect the PP conquests wont last to 50%.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just bought the G.I. Joe Resolute 'G.I Joe vs. Cobra' 5 pack for $17.48 at a Target near my house. The single carded 25th figures were $4.78 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM82
    I just bought the G.I. Joe Resolute 'G.I Joe vs. Cobra' 5 pack for $17.48 at a Target near my house. The single carded 25th figures were $4.78 or something like that.
    Wow! That's cheaper than the WalMart price at the beginning of 25A, in 2007. They were only as low as $4.88. I was so happy that I got a Flint at that price.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

OK, so the clearance finally hit Virginia today (one day early, which means that my team was working ahead one day.)

I picked up a Python and two Tigers, along with Glenda, the Cobra 5 pack and a Trouble Bubble/RAM set.

And I already have custom projects in mind for some of the figures.

Anyone need a Tiger Rat?

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

A local store (Chester VA) had these clearanced last week ,but all of the other stores around had them full price still.Do Target Managers have discression as to when they can mark things down or are they told when to do it ? There is another store that has some things I want but I was waiting for the clearance and I do not want to make the long drive for nothing.

They have discretion by about a day. They could potenitally "skip" an item, but it would be gigged against them the following cycle (usually monthly). They cannot mark down eariler than a day or so. It is also based on market. Ususally, everything in the Richmond area should go about the same time, and that would be on schedule with us here in the Valley. I say SHOULD, but if your store has better sales, then the mark down would be later.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    They have discretion by about a day. They could potenitally "skip" an item, but it would be gigged against them the following cycle (usually monthly). They cannot mark down eariler than a day or so. It is also based on market. Ususally, everything in the Richmond area should go about the same time, and that would be on schedule with us here in the Valley. I say SHOULD, but if your store has better sales, then the mark down would be later.

John M>
    I don't know about that. I saw clearance prices at one Target last week here in Denver. I've been to 4 other targets since then, as late as yesterday, and no one else has marked down their Joes.

That is the system telling them what to discount and what not to, not individual people. It's all based on sales and analysis. The store team has no say on what goes clearance outside of only a day or two.

John M>

Over here in North/Central NJ, the jets, or any other GI Joe product, haven't gone on clearance yet, despite the fact that I've seen the same products in the stores for the last four months. I don't think I want those jets unless they do go on sale. For the right price, I'd be more inclined to buy more of the other vehicles, too.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

The Target Jets are on clearance in So Cal and there are plenty to go around. I finally picked up another set for 17.98 each.
    ... And knowing is half the battle.