Misc. Rise of Cobra Merchandise & Other Collectibles

yojoe.com

Red face Misc. Rise of Cobra Merchandise & Other Collectibles

I have a feeling that with the movie coming out, there will be a lot of "collectibles" that won't make it onto any "figure list." I thought that if we could all pool our eye-spotting resources we could compile a list of items, as they come out or are seen, to allow everyone the fun of hunting them down for their collections.

So, in addition to just still photos or press releases, the first items I've seen include:

- 3 double sided movie posters used in movie theatres, 27" x 40", of Baroness, Duke and Ripcord (these all have a black border and the image printed in reverse on the reverse) (May 2009)

- "small" AMC popcorn bag featuring GIJOE folks (May 2009)

- 5 small posters, 13" x 20", of Duke, Baroness, Scarlett, Snake Eyes and Ripcord
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"Collector cards" for Rise of Cobra video games @ Target

There are FOUR "gift-like" cards available only at Target that you can buy for $1 to "reserve" a copy of the game (Xbox, PS3, Wii and Nintendo). Even if you don't get all games available when they are released next month, you get to keep the cards, which are different in color only (blue, green, black and red trimmed on black).

Have not seen any have similar cards at other retailers like Best Buy or Wal-Mart.

NOTE: On the back of the paper to which the cards are attached, it specifically tells the cashier not to sell them after 7/23/09, presumably so that these are only to help them size the amount of inventory to order.
    Last edited by Xavieur@aol.com; 07-06-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

New product

I have now seen at Target:

2 variations of School lunchboxes (soft sided)

2 variations of School Backpacks with red-lights on the back

Sticker set

and online:

2 different Fabric rolls available (have not seen these at JoAnns, Michaels or WalMart in my area yet)

Wallet

4 birthday cards (to my son, my nephew, my brother, and something else)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My wife picked up some pre-school sized GI Joe RoC Underwear for my son, I think she found them at Wal Mart.
    Chris

this looks cool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/540001Y-Official...3A3%7C294%3A50

wonder what store will be selling these? hot topic, spencers, ,maybe?

Lightbulb Toys R Us was loaded near me of new merchandise:

- 2 skate boards (Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow boxes)
    - 1 bike (for really young tikes, even came with training wheels)
    - The MARS laptop
    - 2 plastic play swords (Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow)
    - the 5-6 play toys (binoculars, red cobra gun, etc.)
    - Walkie talkies
    - 4-5 different gijoe backpacks and three different lunch boxes (NOTE - though I previously picked up 2 backpacks and 2 lunchboxes at Target, each of these was slightly different or completely new; one even came with a free pencil pouch - black with ROC logo on it)
    - GIJOE Monopoly
    - 2 gijoe ROC Puzzles (100 pieces)
    - about 7 different books were available (including one that came with a compass, a sticker book, a few kid novels, and several activity or story books)
    - several sizes of play ninja costumes were also there
    - 2 different Accelerator suit costumes - one for Snake Eyes and one for Duke

The strangest thing I've seen is ROC graphics on the packaging of Norton Anti-Virus software.

There is a whole bedding collection coming out for twin and full sized beds. You can see the goods if you do a "g.i. joe" search on target.com
    GIJoe starts his morning with a bowl of Action Stars.

Exclamation ohh, that's not the strangest!

Norton's Promotion (Antivirus and Internet Security software boxes and rebates):
    http://www.gijoe.norton.com/

Note: maybe the first and last time you will see the yellow limited edition First Strike t-shirt or the yellow Norton ROC Skateboard!

7-Eleven's Promotion:
    http://www.slurpee.com/Promotions/GI_JOE/

Royale Purple Synthetic Motor Oil "Special Ops" Promotion:
    http://www.builtforspecialops.com/

yes, thats crazy. Oil, slurpees and internet security!

(For folks on my facebook page, I'm going to upload a over a hundred pics of merchandising that is out right now soon.)