Need help identifying GI Joes....

yojoe.com

Need help identifying GI Joes....

Hey folks.

A friend of mine referred me to this site and said that you might be able to help me out.

I went to a garage sale this weekend and found a rather large bag of GI Joe 3 3/4 figures. I was a fan of the cartoon during the 80s and had several joes growing up. I thought I would buy them just for nostalgia sake. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could help me identify the names of the characters.

Here are two pictures I took this evening with 5 rows of characters. If you could help me with which characters are on like Row 1, 2, etc, it would be a HUGE help. I also saw the trailer for the GI Joe when I went to see Star Trek a couple weeks ago and it looks really awesome! Can't wait!

Thanks in advance!

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ntage/joe1.jpg
    http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...ntage/joe2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well that's an odd assortment, lot of Joes from all 25+ years of 3.75s. There are some real gems in there for sure:

Top row, photo 1:

1983 Cobra Commander; 1983 Viper Pilot w/rubbed off sigil possibly; 2007 Viper; 1984 Scrap Iron x2; 84 Zartan; 83 HISS driver; 84 Wild Weasel x2; 82 Grunt (broken); 85 Xamot; 84 Blowtorch; unknown to me

Second row, photo 1:

86 Sgt Slaughter; three Zartans I can't pin down (maybe a broken 84 is the first one); 08 comic pack Shipwreck; 83 Steeler; unknown red dude; 07 Serpentor; some ninja dude I've no clue about; Dhalsim from Street Fighter 2; last two dudes unknown to me

Third row, photo 1:

83 Destro; 87 Crazy Legs; 86 Sci Fi; unknown to me but maybe a 00s Duke; unknown to me again; 03 HEAT Viper; possibly 85 Crimson Guard or remake of him; 86 Slipstream; 00s Shipwreck I think; 84 Rip Cord; 84 Cutter x2; 86 Thrasher; 85 Torch

Top Row, photo 2:

84 Baroness; that's some Star Wars dude!; unknown 00s figures x2; 85 Flint; unknown 00s figure; 83 Major Bludd; 91(?) Major Altitude; then two kinds of BATs and what appear to be three dark figures...probably Snake Eyes?

Bottom row, photo 2:

84 Baroness; 87 Falcon; 84 Mutt; 94 Night Creeper Leader; 08 Copperhead; 86 Motor Viper; some Storm Shadow I think; 90 Pathfinder; 87 Sea Slug; 87 Techno Viper; unknown; 83 Ace x2

Some more knowledgeable collectors of 00s stuff can probably pinpoint the ones I couldn't. I may have made a mistake or two but I would say I nailed most of the ones I know.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Kronz; 05-26-2009 at 03:48 AM.

Nice little haul. Did you get a good deal?
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Kronz - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me.

Grunt - All these characters were in a large gallon Ziplock bag for $10. I got got another bag that was just as big for $2 but they are all broken. I'm hoping they can be fixed as all the broken ones are from the early 80s and even have some file cards to go along with them.

A lot of the ones that were listed as 'unknown' above are Valor vs Venom figures that are fairly common in dollar stores to this day. I saw a Dusty, Kamakura, and a few others. Those are listed here in the archive under "Single Carded Wave 3": http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/

Also, you can always use the ID a figure page: http://www.yojoe.com/action/identify/
    Chris

The rest:

Top row, photo 1:

unknown to me (2003 Big Ben v6)

Second row, photo 1:

unknown red dude (2004 Wild Weasel v4) some ninja dude I've no clue about (Kamakura) last two dudes unknown to me (Dusty & Sgt. Hacker)

Third row, photo 1:

unknown to me (2002 Duke) unknown to me again (Night Creeper)

Top Row, photo 2:

unknown 00s figures x2 (Ace & Tiger Claw) unknown 00s figure (Black Dragon Ninja v2) then two kinds of BATs (Razor Trooper & BAT v12)

Bottom row, photo 2:

unknown (Sand Viper v4)
    My G.I. Joe Store
    $1.99 or less bargains! (with low prices in ALL categories)
    --» Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by GoinAgainstYourMind
    Kronz - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to help me.

Grunt - All these characters were in a large gallon Ziplock bag for $10. I got got another bag that was just as big for $2 but they are all broken. I'm hoping they can be fixed as all the broken ones are from the early 80s and even have some file cards to go along with them.
    No problem, I was up in the middle night and couldn't sleep so I thought I'd give it a shot. I was pretty sure all the ones I couldn't ID were Valor Vs Venom style, but I've only ever looked at them in passing, since they are much less cool than old originals or 25th style.

For $10 I think you did criminally well! I can't imagine what would move someone to sell nearly $150 worth of Joes for ten bucks but that's amazing. Even as a parts lot it's worth way more than ten. And if you have filecard, well those are worth a couple bucks each usually or even more. I am a bit jealous but I never bother to hunt down deals so it stands to reason I never find any.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    For $10 I think you did criminally well! I can't imagine what would move someone to sell nearly $150 worth of Joes for ten bucks but that's amazing. Even as a parts lot it's worth way more than ten. And if you have filecard, well those are worth a couple bucks each usually or even more. I am a bit jealous but I never bother to hunt down deals so it stands to reason I never find any.
    You too right. Yet another example of someone other than me finding a great deal on Joes at a yard sale. I have made it my life's goal to score at least one vintage Joe purchase from a garage/yard sale
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####