Movie figures: Who did you buy? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis666
    I gazed at all the figures at TRU today in Montreal. They look great IMHO. I don't care if the movie is good or not, I liked those figures. Long time joe fan, I have been there all the way through since 2001 (ok...most of VvV sucked but the rest was fun).

I think I will buy most of the 3 3/4 figures and vehicles. I tought the smaller vehicles were very expensive (25$ for an armadillo with driver... what the????). The raven looks great too. I tought it was small initially but the toy is apparently extensible so it should be about a long as the original.

I got Destro and Baroness today but I will wait for our local collector store to get the stuff. They provide a good service, they know what I like and they make automatic reservations for my stuff. That way I never miss any stuff.

There is a major spoiler on Destro's filecard, BEWARE. It actually ruined my day because it is a VERY AWFULL thing if they actually did that in the movie. Not looking good....
    I saw the Night Raven at Target the other day. It had a price tag of $40 dollars. I'm sure it cost more than that in Canada. It extends, because it becomes a gun to use to shoot missiles and it make sounds. Needless to say, I passed on it for these two reasons.
    I would love to see a real Night Raven along with the Skystriker, Whale and Wolverine.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If that is the Resolute Firefly, then that is one more Resolute figure that made it to retail. HA!

Quote Originally Posted by MOD
    I saw the Night Raven a Target the other day. It had a price tag of $40 dollars. I'm sure it cost more than that in Canada. It extends, because it becomes a gun to use to shoot missiles and it make sounds. Needless to say, I passed on it for these two reasons.
    I would love to see a real Night Raven along with the Skystriker, Whale and Wolverine.
    If I remember well, the night raven is 59.99$ CND at TRU. The media scale vehicles (cobra copter and truck) were 35$ CND (not cheap), and the small vehicles 25$. Figure are 9.99$ CND. The 12 inch figures were also available (CC is REAL UGLY) along with some sort of action battler (not sure).

The joke is that most stores got the 25th anniversary vehicles for 20$ CND. Seeing the Armadillo at 25$ while it was available previously in a 2-pack (with serpentor) is a really bad joke. Will I buy this? Maybe... but on clearence. Most smaller vehicles looked really like nothing exceptionnal for the price tag. What was on Hasbro's mind? Especially considering the econimic conditions.

I don't know what happened but these are real expensive. At those prices, very few kids will buy them. I will buy some, but I will definitelly be selective.

No matter the price, the Raven I think is a must buy. The Cobra chopper and truck looked cool, but the boxes were rather small for something priced at 35$.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well I myself with others did not like the looks of the ROC figures. But today I guess I got wrapped up in the hype and went to my local Toys R Us. I found a BBQ, Firefly, Sgt. Stone, Marlon Waynes, some Vipers and the Pitt, and a few other vehicles.

On the way home I stopped by a Target and Wal-Mart. No pegs were even set up for ROC. But then I started thinking about the ROC figures I saw at TRUs this morning. Now I think I want to go back and pick some up. I think I will go after the BBQ, Firefly, Neo Viper, Sgt. Stone. I think I'll only buy a couple... (A collectors famous words ).

Thumbs up

From what I've seen of him, I definately want a Sgt. Stone. He's probably one of the better RoC figures, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM82
    From what I've seen of him, I definately want a Sgt. Stone. He's probably one of the better RoC figures, IMHO.
    Yeah, he's one of the best RoC figs. I've actually renamed and reranked him. He is now Lt. Falcon.

So far I'm digging this line a lot more than I thought I would.

If that is the Resolute Firefly, then that is one more Resolute figure that made it to retail. HA!
    He's very Resolutish. He has Resolute troopers arms and cool gear. Best Firefly ever.

7-4-9: 2 Steel Crusher APV's, 3 Cover Girl's, and 3 Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes.

7-5-9: 2 neo vipers, 2 viper commando's (which wound up being 2 black ops team members and 2 more detailed viper commando's), and sgt. stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis666
    If I remember well, the night raven is 59.99$ CND at TRU. The media scale vehicles (cobra copter and truck) were 35$ CND (not cheap), and the small vehicles 25$. Figure are 9.99$ CND. The 12 inch figures were also available (CC is REAL UGLY) along with some sort of action battler (not sure).

The joke is that most stores got the 25th anniversary vehicles for 20$ CND. Seeing the Armadillo at 25$ while it was available previously in a 2-pack (with serpentor) is a really bad joke. Will I buy this? Maybe... but on clearence. Most smaller vehicles looked really like nothing exceptionnal for the price tag. What was on Hasbro's mind? Especially considering the econimic conditions.

I don't know what happened but these are real expensive. At those prices, very few kids will buy them. I will buy some, but I will definitelly be selective.

No matter the price, the Raven I think is a must buy. The Cobra chopper and truck looked cool, but the boxes were rather small for something priced at 35$.
    Kids are more into video games these days, you know? And if most people are selective, it doesn't bode well for the line. Right now, people seem to be buying them up. It's the first new Joe product we have seen in half a year.
    When things settle down, we will see things dwindle to a crawl.
    The modern era line was harder to find and not made in as many quantities as this movie line. It was always easy to find the modern era stuff.
    Why would this movie line be any harder?
    It will sit on the shelf as well. Even die-hard collectors can't save it. It will be up to kids seeing the movie and taking an interest in it.
    So, the Armadillo with Serpentor was $20 dollars and now just the Armadillo alone is $25.
    Wow. That is sad.
    Hasbro is just shooting themselves in the foot.

So, the Armadillo with Serpentor was $20 dollars and now just the Armadillo alone is $25.
    Wow. That is sad.
    Hasbro is just shooting themselves in the foot.
    It's also sad that a die hard Joe fan who was waiting for new stuff for months will STILL be waiting for a sale because this stuff is just too expensive.

I don't even want to think about future waves that probably won't get a movie-tie-in sale. I'll probably just have to stop collecting.