Movie figures: Who did you buy? - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    What's the scoop on the Crimson Neo-Viper? Thus far, the only fig I've picked up is the Neo-Viper, and I'm all about anything Crimson. Little help.... any other figs slated to be released as "Crimson"?
    Last edited by cgenterprise; 07-09-2009 at 09:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have 4 Crimson Neo-Vipers on order now as the soon-to-be leaders of the other neo-vipers. I sooooo love the turtle vipers.

Try the online retailers...you may have better luck finding them.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstSergeantDuke
    How bout Breaker?? Is there going to be a black suited version of him??
    I don't think there is, but plans could be later made to do one.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cgenterprise
    What's the scoop on the Crimson Neo-Viper? Thus far, the only fig I've picked up is the Neo-Viper, and I'm all about anything Crimson. Little help.... any other figs slated to be released as "Crimson"?
    Only crimson figure I know that is planned for the line except for the JoeCon exclusive this year. I think the Crimson Viper will be available later this month in the same wave as Paris Baroness, Ripcord, Artic Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and Rex the Doctor.

I saw all of the figures and vehicles except the Hummer at a Target. They even had the PIT. I looked at the different figures and I ended up passing on everything. Nothing looked very interesting to me. I contemplated Firefly but I was so bummed by the rest of the line I just walked away. I might go back for him at some point. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnok4life
    I saw all of the figures and vehicles except the Hummer at a Target. They even had the PIT. I looked at the different figures and I ended up passing on everything. Nothing looked very interesting to me. I contemplated Firefly but I was so bummed by the rest of the line I just walked away. I might go back for him at some point. I don't know.
    you saw a single packed Firefly at a Target store?
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    Ripcord in plain armor is due later this month.

Today I found Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes for the first time and couldn't resist buying it, even though I often complain about buying more SE figures. This one is probably the best Snakes in years, I am having a hard time thinking of any SE after 1985 that is even close to this good. He didn't come with a rocket launcher either, which is a big plus for me.
    I saw this figure and I thought the design was decent, but it looked fragile to me. The arms and legs looked really skinny. Is it comparable to the 25th anniversary figure?

Thumbs up

Dreadnok4life, pick up Firefly; you won't be disappointed. Don't let the rest of the line of figures bum you out to the point that you skip on buying FF. I bought Firefly and feel this is probably the best of the RoC line because, as a few of us here on the board think, he was possibly originally slated to be the Resolute Firefly, so he's more like a "true" G.I. Joe/Cobra figure than the rest of the RoC line.

I also think Sgt. Stone is more along the lines of a "true" G.I Joe figure as well, due to his head/face sculpt.

So like any movie line, I assume these toys will be off shelves after Christmas some time. Has Hasbro announced any direction for the line in 2010? Will we see more of the 25th style? More Resolute? A new cartoon series based on the movie that will spawn a figure line? Just wondering what anyone has heard as I have been out of touch until the last month or so. Thanks!
    Stryker927
    "No Man Left Behind!"

Quote Originally Posted by therobidentity
    Today, I found Destro, Baroness, and Duke, as well as the red-helmet Firefly. I moved another Shipwreck out to the front of the display since he's apparently sought-after. As I was looking, a mother approached with a small kid (6-8?) and immediately picked up a Destro. "Hey, this guy looks cool, doesn't he?" she said. Then she snagged Shipwreck and said, "This guy looks pretty cool too! Look, he's got a parrot!" I just stood back and smiled quietly. Then after a couple seconds the kid says, "...I like Star Wars better," with a very unimpressed tone.
    When my girlfriend and I were walking into Target last night, a man and woman were on their way to the front with their little boy. He couldn't have been any older than four, and he was carrying one of the new movie figures. I was really happy to see that.