Movie figures: Who did you buy? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    sigh I am an addict, I went in to TRU nothing out, asked and explained nicely they were able to sell them I got to go in the back room and pick out first dibs, I got one of each.
    slap me somebody!
    I wasnt even going to buy one.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't imagine there being a lot of tough finds in this line. I'm pretty sure I'll find all I'm looking for even when I hold off.

I've got plans to make a Destro family clan...there's certainly enough unique Destros to pretend they're all "different" guys (classic style Destro, gold head, black head, "Resolute" Destro, the REAL Resolute Destro--which I own , and now movie Destro!)

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    sigh I am an addict, I went in to TRU nothing out, asked and explained nicely they were able to sell them I got to go in the back room and pick out first dibs, I got one of each.
    slap me somebody!
    I wasnt even going to buy one.
    Being given special access to the back room does something to a man.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I picked up the TRU Firefly today. He's a great figure. And yes, looking at him, especially the legs, I am absolutely convinced he's the Resolute Firefly. I'd recommend him to everyone.
    I still can't get over how small that Steel Crusher is in it's box and it's sporting a $25 dollar price tag.
    If you like the figures, buy them up. No one should fee bad or sorry for buying something they like.
    I think some of them have really bad paint jobs, but just because I am not buying them, I don't think they are completely junk. I have seen worse.
    Last edited by MOD; 07-06-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82
    It's also sad that a die hard Joe fan who was waiting for new stuff for months will STILL be waiting for a sale because this stuff is just too expensive.

I don't even want to think about future waves that probably won't get a movie-tie-in sale. I'll probably just have to stop collecting.
    That is a bummer dude. I think regardless of how well the movie does, or how well the toys sell, they will be on clearance in some places around Christmas.
    You can PM me a list and I'll see what I can do to help you if you want.

I picked up Destro and the 2 Vipers today. The other figures looked like ***** to me. ESPECIALLY covergirl and scarlett.

ugh.

Yes, the girls just look ugly to me. I wonder if they didn't agree to have their likeness used for the toys. Cover Girl and Baroness look like they have been stung in the face by a hive of bees to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint7620
    I've bought wave 1 snake eyes and storm shadow and zartan so far. i need to go back for destro, baroness, and cobra commander soon. I'm waiting til after my birthday this friday so i dont shoot anyone in the foot.
    Did you see Cobra Commander? Which one? The one with all of the tubes sticking out of his face? Or the Doctor?
    Is anyone seeing the Doctor figure, with the black coat? When is this one coming? That one might be another winner itself, but I would prefer to see it in person first.
    Have fun with the Birthday cash Flint7620.

I went back to Target and bought Storm Shadow...and sadly, the figure has no playability at all. The plastic "dust skirt" really restricts the figure from doing anything...except stand. Ah well...looking forward to the version without the "skirt"

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

I had three Cobra Divers and returned one today. I used that to justify picking up my second movie figure....camo Duke. A solid GI Joe, right there. For as much as they messed up with the female heads, this one has a dead on Channing Tatum likeness (if you're into that kinda thing).