Movie figures: Who did you buy? - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    No surprises here...

Baroness x3
    Paris SE x2
    Paris SS x1
    Desert Am Scarlett x1
    Ice Viper x5
    SE x2
    SS x2

Use HTS coupon code GIJOE10 for 10% (whooptie-effing-do) off.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by meyerc13
    I think it is hit or miss. One of the two Wal Marts by me put them out on Monday when the Hasbro rep was in the store. If your Wal Mart has had a visit from a Hasbro rep, they probably have them out. If not, they might be waiting for the street date on the box. In any case, they can now be sold in the Wal Mart computers, I picked up my first RoC figure on Monday direct from the case the Hasbro rep was putting out.
    I'll have to stop by my local one and see if I can find a Doctor. Thanks for the tip.

Cool

I took a trip to my local Target earlier hoping to find some of the movie figures. They had quite a few of them so I picked up the Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes for myself and the Ninja Mercenary Storm Shadow for my kid brother since his birthday is next week. We have a tradition where I usually get Snake Eyes and he gets Storm Shadow when any new collection comes out. I liked several of the figures I saw but I think the two I picked up were the best the store had to offer. Some figures that other posters have reported seeing were missing as well. I'll definitely be picking some more of these up soon...especially if that TRU 2/$9.99 deal is true.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

are they going to released Breaker with that black suit??

and Ripcord with black suit also?? NOT the DELTA 6 accelarator one

Ripcord in plain armor is due later this month.

Today I found Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes for the first time and couldn't resist buying it, even though I often complain about buying more SE figures. This one is probably the best Snakes in years, I am having a hard time thinking of any SE after 1985 that is even close to this good. He didn't come with a rocket launcher either, which is a big plus for me.

Unhappy Kids, these days...

I picked up the Panther primarily for Thunder. Decent vehicle, but I might have passed for a while at least if it wasn't for Thunder.

SE looks decent; I don't like the way the coat sleeves look with the coat removed, though. ;P Timber's what sold this fig for me, though.

Picked up Zartan because he's Zartan. A little disappointing as far as him being Zartan, but the figure itself isn't too bad, and the exotic blades are nice.

I'll agree with the majority on Shipwreck as well. Nice looking figure, good accessories.

Today, I found Destro, Baroness, and Duke, as well as the red-helmet Firefly. I moved another Shipwreck out to the front of the display since he's apparently sought-after. As I was looking, a mother approached with a small kid (6-8?) and immediately picked up a Destro. "Hey, this guy looks cool, doesn't he?" she said. Then she snagged Shipwreck and said, "This guy looks pretty cool too! Look, he's got a parrot!" I just stood back and smiled quietly. Then after a couple seconds the kid says, "...I like Star Wars better," with a very unimpressed tone.

*sigh* There is no hope. (I'm fully aware of the irony in that statement.)
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

I picked the first wave too... and I just seen several new figures in hi-resolution studio photos both loose and packaged at CollectionStation.com that I have not seen posted anywhere else yet:

Agent Helix (Covert Operations)
    Elite-Viper (Elite Regiment Officer)
    Anthony "Flash" Gambello (Laser Rifle Trooper)
    Crimson Neo-Viper (Cobra Royal Guard)
    G.I. Joe Pit Commander

Ripcord in plain armor is due later this month.

Cool thanks.

How bout Breaker?? Is there going to be a black suited version of him??

Scarlett, Deep Six, Cover Girl and Sgt Stone. They were the figures that were only one per pallet on the Wal Mart display so I made sure to get them, mainly because an employee had them sitting on her buggy while she was working and I raised a stink about an employee hoarding the short packs.

John M.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

I really like the new Deep Six, I think he's one of the dark horses of the line. Sure he's just a Torpedo repaint, but at least Hasbro is repainting some of their best molds. Hopefully a wet-suit Shipwreck will come along, I really loved his Navy SEAL version from the 90s, it could be pretty easily mocked with another Torpedo repaint.