Movie figures: Who did you buy?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Movie figures: Who did you buy?

I the 3 3/4'' for the first time on an endcap today at Target.

I just bought Shipwreck.....and he looks nothing like Brandon Fraiser

The figures themselves look good but not $8 good. IT was hard to JUST pick one but I'll be happy I waited when these go on sale. That's when I'll pick up the bulk of the guys I want.

So who did you all get? Who did you see, not see? Who did you pass on?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've not seen them yet. I did see some Combat Heroes yesterday. I saw Cobra Commander. Even if I end up liking the movie as a whole, I will never like the G.I. Joe movie Cobra Commander.

I do plan on buying Shipwreck and the Panther tank (Armadillo repaint) with the driver Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    I've not seen them yet. I did see some Combat Heroes yesterday. I saw Cobra Commander. Even if I end up liking the movie as a whole, I will never like the G.I. Joe movie Cobra Commander.

I do plan on buying Shipwreck and the Panther tank (Armadillo repaint) with the driver Thunder.
    I haven't seen them yet either. Cover Girl, and Snake Eyes in the trench coat are at the top of my list.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Snake Fries has a date with my Desert Eagle.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Ironically, Shipwreck is the only one I would consider buying at this point, if nothing else but to use his head for a custom for an updated look. I saw them today at TRU, and passed on them.
    The women all look terrible as far as head sculpts go. I had considered Cover Girl, but..I don't know what to say, but gross.
    If I come across a Shipwreck, perhaps so, otherwise, I am passing on this line and looking forward to Footloose and the Cobra Island 7-packs.
    And I agree. They are not worth $8.
    Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not interested in the movie figures at all. The only ROC stuff I will get are the figures that should have been part of the regular 25th line, such as Thunder or Motor-Viper. It's unfortunate that most of those come with ugly movie vehicles though.

Not at Target or TRU in my area yet. Will check Tuesday; gotta work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SPIDER1
    I'm not interested in the movie figures at all. The only ROC stuff I will get are the figures that should have been part of the regular 25th line, such as Thunder or Motor-Viper. It's unfortunate that most of those come with ugly movie vehicles though.
    I think the Firefly looks pretty neat. I wonder if he was orginally planned to be the Resolute Firefly?
    Other than that, there's not much that I like either.

I gazed at all the figures at TRU today in Montreal. They look great IMHO. I don't care if the movie is good or not, I liked those figures. Long time joe fan, I have been there all the way through since 2001 (ok...most of VvV sucked but the rest was fun).

I think I will buy most of the 3 3/4 figures and vehicles. I tought the smaller vehicles were very expensive (25$ for an armadillo with driver... what the????). The raven looks great too. I tought it was small initially but the toy is apparently extensible so it should be about a long as the original.

I got Destro and Baroness today but I will wait for our local collector store to get the stuff. They provide a good service, they know what I like and they make automatic reservations for my stuff. That way I never miss any stuff.

There is a major spoiler on Destro's filecard, BEWARE. It actually ruined my day because it is a VERY AWFULL thing if they actually did that in the movie. Not looking good....

Firefly does look OK, and MOD, you bring up a good point. I wonder that, too.