Timber variant? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Timber variant?

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    i'm finding that about 1 out of 10 have the red helmet.

Later shipments from Hasbro could have a far different ratio though.
    Ive been to 3 Targets a one TRU. Targets had a majority of red helmets (of the 13 I've found 9 were red helmets). TRU however had 6. 4 were black helmet. So its been more than half red helmets. I actually held off buying one because the 1st Target I hit only had red and I prefer the black.
    I need a big blue door from the Defiant! I have cash and plenty of trade!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i wonder if the helmet thing is an east coast vs west coast thing. cuz i went into a TRU and 2 more targets today and same thing, 2 total red helmets and a butt load of blacks.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Packaged. Found in midwestern USA.

What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

aww crap
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Does it look like the Timber is the exact one from the five packs?

Bada-Bing! Bada-Bam!
    Needless to say, I will be on the hunt tomorrow.

Bloody ****. I hunted today, and no joy.

Also, I've found only one red helmet today, with the majority being black. Looks like there's significant numbers of the red, though... and the box has the red version. I wonder if there was a running change? I'm still hoping that the reds are the minority, as my black helmet has a ding in the box, and my red helmet looks much better. Besides, I prefer the black one, so that's the one I'll probably end up opening.

Speaking of changes, I notice that the Terra Viper was apparently changed for a figure that looks like a Night Force Croc Master? Personally, I think the vehicle looks kind of silly, but... I almost want it for the figure.
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

Too new to this (and too broke!) to start worrying about variants. That said, I'm a sucker for Timber figures, so I guess I'll have to find the grey RoC version.

Got one!

I hit TRU and a nearby Target today. Immediately found a carded Firefly, and when I hit Target, I dug through the cards on the aisle looking for a SS to show my friend. I saw the SE in the back and pulled it out expecting to find yet another black timber... but I was surprised to see that it was in fact, the gray variant.

Myth: Confirmed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Timbervariant.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	4970  
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!