So who likes the "Turtle Vipers"?

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: Do you like the RoC Neo-Vipers, or not?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

14 31.11%
  • Nope

21 46.67%
  • Meh...

10 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So who likes the "Turtle Vipers"?

Seems to be a lot of dislike for this figure... And to tell you the truth, I don't like a lot of the movie designs. I would have preferred a more traditional design, too, but I still can't help it - I really like these figures!
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i hate these figures. i'm getting lots of the movie stuff, but totally passing on these turtle vipers.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

I don't like them. Not enough to keep me from buying that Target exlcusive Snake Armor, but I don't like the movie Vipers.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm with you guys. Not working for me. They can keep all the futuristic armor for the Joes and wacky redesigns for the Cobras, but I think if they'd have just done the more traditional "low-tech" Cobra Trooper look I'd be happier.

Turtle Viper is a good name!

Personally I like the figures alot. They have a nasty, get what we want by any means look. I think the 'classic' viper (v.1) style would look a bit goofy in live action. Plus the way they are in the movie (no spoilers here) fits the look of the character perfectly.
    I need a big blue door from the Defiant! I have cash and plenty of trade!

I personally like the realistic, contemporary look of not just the Vipers, but a lot of the movie characters. Look up "ballistic mask" images for similar masks as the Vipers wear - much more realistic than chrome faceplates (a very good way to invite head shots). Even the reactive armor & camo suits, and the accelerator suits are keeping in-line with cutting-edge technology in the real world. And the Joes, being the best of the best, would have access to better and more experimental stuff than conventional military forces. This movie doesn't take place in the 80's, so the gear isn't from that time frame. Exo-skeletons, chameleon camo and wrist-mounted weapons do exist, even if in prototype form.

Check this out (from 2007): http://tcal.net/archives/2007/02/08/...roy-hurtubise/

Real or not, they still look like Serpent Guards from Stargate SG-1.

I don't think there is anything realistic looking about these figures. I thing the looks of most of the characters are good, particularly the reactive armor suits. But the Neo-Vipers are just terrible. They didn't have to make the troops look like the original troopers or Vipers, but I have to think there were a lot better design ideas on the table for these guys.

I think they are just OK. Good enough I'll buy one of each version I see, but I'd never army build them.

The MARS troopers are much better.

I didn't like these at first when I saw pictures of them a few months ago. But when I saw them at the store and "in-hand", I liked them. Yes, they're futuristic and nothing like the ol' traditional Cobra Troopers, but as was mentioned earlier, this G.I. Joe story takes place in the future, and with the way Hollywood is, we all know that the blue-shirted Cobras wouldn't fly. That's the reality of it.

Now I have 4 Neo-Vipers and 2 of the commandos and have dubbed them as Bludd's Skull Troops, an idea I got off of JoeDios.com. They're not your traditional Cobra blue shirts. These guys are much nastier/meaner and not liked by the rest of the Cobra troops. It's a promotion in the Cobra organization to be a Neo-Viper or commando.

Yes, the M.A.R.S. Troopers are cool but I can't find them in stores, otherwise I'd buy some of them, too.