Rise Of Cobra Variants - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    by definition, both black and red helmet are variants.
    I have not seen any RED hats in Meyer stores or any of the stores that just starting getting figures here in Indiana. They are all BLACK. It could very well be that the RED is the "variant". I guess I was wrong on black helmet. I just thought since it was RED on the package, the BLACK was a mistake. I really wish we knew.

I will post the two DOCTOR versions for you. I was having problems uploading it earlier.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sudelaya
    I have not seen any RED hats in Meyer stores or any of the stores that just starting getting figures here in Indiana. They are all BLACK. It could very well be that the RED is the "variant". I guess I was wrong on black helmet. I just thought since it was RED on the package, the BLACK was a mistake. I really wish we knew.
    I've seen them at about 50/50 red vs black. Neither is really rare.

But that's not the point. The point is that if there are two versions of the same toy, they are both variants. One is not the ONLY variant. Logically, if one is a variant, than the other must also be a variant. Black helmet and red helmet are both variants of the Firefly helmet. Get it?
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by sudelaya

I will post the two DOCTOR versions for you. I was having problems uploading it earlier.
    That Firefly is not rare at all. I've found scores of both variants. Sometimes in the same store.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen them at about 50/50 red vs black. Neither is really rare.

But that's not the point. The point is that if there are two versions of the same toy, they are both variants. One is not the ONLY variant. Logically, if one is a variant, than the other must also be a variant. Black helmet and red helmet are both variants of the Firefly helmet. Get it?

No. I see it as the RED helmet as the normal one because that is how he looks on the back of the box. To me that tells me that the BLACK is an error/variant. Is that not right?

Now with those stocking "late in the game" with fresh cases from Hasbro, I see no RED helmets.

I am confused, I will admit it.

But I want to understand!

What Average Joe is saying is that by definition, in order to have a variant, you must have more than one. Having a variant simply means there is more than one version. It has nothing to do with rarity. For example, there are 2 Wraith variants, one clear, one painted. The clear one is harder to get but they are both a variant of the same figure. Hope this clears it up. No matter which variant (red or black helmet) is rarer, they are both a variant of Firefly's helmet.
    Last edited by Drunknmunky; 08-10-2009 at 09:16 PM.
    I need a big blue door from the Defiant! I have cash and plenty of trade!

Is the baroness a variant or an error? Same with the Cobra Commanders? It is obvious that the Pit Commando is a very conscious variant meant to attract MOC collectors as well sicne they are posed differently.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    Is the baroness a variant or an error? Same with the Cobra Commanders? It is obvious that the Pit Commando is a very conscious variant meant to attract MOC collectors as well sicne they are posed differently.

John M>
    Baroness is just an error. Cobra Commander has a variant/running change with the holes sealed up.

Pit Commando is a packaging variant, but nothing about the figure or accessories is really a variant. Only actual variants out there are the Cobra Commander sealed holes vs holes, Timber black vs Timber grey, Firefly red and black helmets, and I've heard of a different visor on Ice Viper but have never seen pictures of one from a store.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Baroness is just an error. Cobra Commander has a variant/running change with the holes sealed up.

Pit Commando is a packaging variant, but nothing about the figure or accessories is really a variant. Only actual variants out there are the Cobra Commander sealed holes vs holes, Timber black vs Timber grey, Firefly red and black helmets, and I've heard of a different visor on Ice Viper but have never seen pictures of one from a store.
    Don't forget the Doctor with black coat vs white coat. Haven't seen old Rex yet but I have seen pics of both variants.
    I need a big blue door from the Defiant! I have cash and plenty of trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunknmunky
    Don't forget the Doctor with black coat vs white coat. Haven't seen old Rex yet but I have seen pics of both variants.
    true true, that will for sure be a variant. but i'm not counting it yet because it isn't actually out (the white coat that is) in retail. Unless there's been a sighting that I haven't read about yet, which is likely. There's also the arctic Storm Shadow head variant, but again not counting it till it's at retail.

true true, that will for sure be a variant. but i'm not counting it yet because it isn't actually out (the white coat that is) in retail. Unless there's been a sighting that I haven't read about yet, which is likely. There's also the arctic Storm Shadow head variant, but again not counting it till it's at retail.

Now I'm really confused. Isn't that a CHASE? I thought if it was intended it was a CHASE and if it was a mistake corrected it was a VARIANT? That is why I thought the BLACK Firefly was the corrected/new. Like the Filled Holes CC is the corrected/new version.