Rise Of Cobra Variants - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sudelaya
    Now I'm really confused. Isn't that a CHASE? I thought if it was intended it was a CHASE and if it was a mistake corrected it was a VARIANT? That is why I thought the BLACK Firefly was the corrected/new. Like the Filled Holes CC is the corrected/new version.
    Variants can be either intended or not intended. The CHASE figures you are talking about are indeed intended, but they are still known as variants. Think of the 80s figures and how some came with red eyes while others of the same figure came with black eyes. That was an unintended variant, happened because different factories made the same figure.

The corrections like Cobra Commander holes are also variants. But they were intentional. Sometimes referred to as "running change".

SOOOOOO......whenever there is a difference that isn't a mistake it's a variant, whether it was intended or not, whether it's a correction or not. Baroness missing her emblem is a mistake (factory worker forgot to paint it on). Not an actual variant.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the insight.

Also Chase figures are only in initial shipments of a product, thus why collectors "chase" after them. For example the black Timber 25th Snake Eyes would be a chase since it was only in the first few shipments.

Also are we sure the Baroness is a mistake and not intended? After all not after the emblem is movie accurate.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Think of the 80s figures and how some came with red eyes while others of the same figure came with black eyes. That was an unintended variant, happened because different factories made the same figure.
    \Or same factory, just different day after cleaning out the red paint vat and putting in black :-)

John M.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

I think it may be fair to say a "chase" figure is not nessecarrily a variant. Take wave 13 Zartan or Eels. Those things were NEVER on shelves where I live, and I have good access to stuff usually. I guess maybe some punk bought the entire waves from 3 local targets, but more likely it never came here for some odd reason.

To that end, figures in lower prodction numbers and that are more sought after can be a chase.

oopzzzzzzzz

Wave 13 being lower quantity wasn't intentional. It was a result of the fact that the stores wern't ordering due to the over stock of earlier waves. Thus is was produced in smaller quantity due to not needing to fill orders. They are not by definition, "chase." One Zartan per 10 cases of wave 13, now that would be "chase"

Like with the DVD 5 packs, I would expect that we'll see the un-ordered cases of wave 12 and 13 that were produced showing up at discount retailers this holiday season.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Though they are rare on pegs, you can still get full cases (and similar) of the final two 25th style waves at Small Joes and likely other retailers. In fact they are as cheap or cheaper than ROC stuff.

http://smalljoes.com/cgi-bin/pgen.cg...=GI25A-W708SET

I don't count the internet but I digress.

I think it's safe to say at this point that the Black PPSE is in fact the rarer variant.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraLALALALA
    I don't count the internet but I digress.

I think it's safe to say at this point that the Black PPSE is in fact the rarer variant.
    Maybe not. Just because grey is easier to find than black now, that's probably because the original shipments have been sold through already (the ones with the black timbers). So now the other half of the 50/50 assortment (the grays) is what's hanging on the pegs right now.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.