How do you store MOC/MISB?

yojoe.com

How do you store MOC/MISB?

I don't have a large collection, maybe 20 figs and two vehicles but having them in the closet in Target bags isn't working. I was thinking of comic book boxes for the figures, or would large Tupperware bins be better? What keeps out bugs, dampness, and all those cardboard-damaging things that you don't think about until it's too late? Is it better to store carded figs upright so the cards dont start to curl?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I store mine in Star cases on peg board. They are hanging in my basement and I have a dehumidifier going 24/7. So far so good!

Wink

DEHUMIDIFIER = important. Yes, it raises your electric bill... but if you have a large collection of MOSC and MISB stuff... believe me--it's worth it.

-- MWB

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A comic box is good, I've stored figures in them for long stretches before

I have my stuff in the really cool basement at the moment with the dehumidifier going. But my question is, won't the dehumidifier wreak havoc on the glue on the cards and/or tape on boxes?

i've got all of my carded figures pegged up on the bedroom walls. all my boxed vehicles are sitting on the bottom shelves of my bookcases... except for the UBP, it's on top.

I've got mine in Star Cases, inside Comic Boxes, inside my air-conditioned dark closet, in Arizona (zero humidity I'm hoping to upgrade all the cases to UV Acrylic Cases one of these days.