Yo Joe ROC Movie Review

yojoe.com

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Antarctica\r\n \r\n
\r\n Antarctica is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n YoJoe! Sr. Editor\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Antarctica\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Yo Joe ROC Movie Review\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Read YO Joe\'s review of the GI Joe movie.
\n
\nhttp://www.yojoe.com/reviews/movies/rocreview.shtml
\n
\nby Antarctica\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Last edited by PJDonnell; 08-04-2009 at 08:45 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
GI Joe comic fan since 1982.
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[432873] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n sportscardgiant\r\n \r\n
    \r\n sportscardgiant is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Brendan Frasor\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I believe Brendan Frasor is Sgt. Slaughter, they say it in the film.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[432936] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n CobraLALALALA\r\n \r\n
    \r\n CobraLALALALA is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n CobraLALALALA\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n He is although it\'s just a small role. I just saw the movie and thought it was fantastic.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[433056] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n protozao21\r\n \r\n
    \r\n protozao21 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Brendan Fraser had a cameo Sgt. Stone in the movie. Unfortunately, an action figure tat looks Like flint was also made of him.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[433057] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Average Joe\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Average Joe is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Average Joe\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by sportscardgiant\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    I believe Brendan Frasor is Sgt. Slaughter, they say it in the film.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    They say STONE in the film, not Slaughter\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[433086] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n protozao21\r\n \r\n
    \r\n protozao21 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Brendan Fraser\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n On Wikipedia, Brendan Fraser is listed as Sgt. Stone in his filmography. "Sgt. Slaughter" might still be copyrighted considering he is still alive. In fact, he is hosting Monday Night RAW this Monday.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by protozao21; 08-11-2009 at 04:26 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[433191] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n SolidusRaccoon\r\n \r\n
    \r\n SolidusRaccoon is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Well, I just saw it earlier today. And well overall I would say 6 out of 10. If you go into this movie with a brain full of the GI JOE mythos, based on the comics, action figures, and the cartoon series you will be let down in a number of areas. If you go looking for a science fictiony action movies where stuff gets blown up you will be kinda happy. Yeah I know it would be very difficult to distill 25+ years of back story and characters into a movie and have a general audience understand it. But even with that some off the characterization was way off base.
    \n Most notable was the Baroness, the entire brainwashed and being Dukes ex fiance was just really hackneyed. And the final insult for her character was the lack of an accent, totally unforgivable.
    \n Next in the character chopping block is Ripcord, and I hate to say it, but the best way to sum his character up is token black/comic relief. Which is such a shame since there are many good black characters in the GI JOE mythos. Also why does he use the codename Ripcord? Implying a specialty in HALO jumping? When in the movie his specialty is supposedly a pilot? Why not use the name Airborne or Ace? Heck give him a Texas accent, slap a cowboy hat on his head and call him Wild Bill.
    \n Onto the plot, the main threat in the movie are the nanotechnology based missiles. But this opens several plot holes, It is stated that McCullen needed to use the NATO money to develop them, but then it is shown he has a major undersea base. Seems like his priorities are out of order, also if these missiles are his beat all weapon, and he fires all of them to make his point, how does he expect to get his demands? The rest of the world would quickly attack all of his external manufacturing plants, and since the missiles that were fired could be tracked to their source, he could expect a counterattack. You would need more of the missiles on hand to be able to have a trump card. Then we have him alluding to the big picture which I obviously took as Cobra Commander, but the character did not technically exist until the final few minutes of the movie. And about the design of Cobra Commanders mask, the producers stated that they did not use the traditional hood because they felt like some people would make a connection a Klansman\'s hood. Which is ridiculous we had a hooded CC in the 80\'s cartoon, comics, and action figures. If the hood was acceptable then why would it be so unacceptable now? I never made a connection to the hood and a Klansman, even if some people did make such a connection, so what? He is bad guy, so it would not be glamorizing the KKK.
    \n Eh, enough rambling. It was an ok movie, but you would be best to wait for it to come to home video and rent it.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[433501] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #8\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MajorBludd2009\r\n \r\n
    \r\n MajorBludd2009 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n That\'s Entertainment\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by protozao21\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    On Wikipedia, Brendan Fraser is listed as Sgt. Slaughter in his filmography. "Sgt. Slaughter" might still be copyrighted considering he is still alive. In fact, he is hosting Monday Night RAW this Monday.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n

\nI\'m starting to think of a bunch of half-clueless guys in a room bouncing around ideas about how to make this movie. What was their motive, if not to tell the story that we all know?
    \n
    \nIs there an official reason why Sgt. Slaughter was not involved with the new movie?
    \n
    \nWhy was there a need to include "Sgt. Stone" in place of Sgt. Slaughter? LOL. Someone explain that one to me.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[434323] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #9\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n grendalsnowman\r\n \r\n
    \r\n grendalsnowman is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I have to say that most of the reviews here have been way too generous to a terrible movie.
    \n
    \n I have been a Joe fan since \'82, and was really disappointed. It reminded me of that horrible live-action Street Fighter movie. The YoJoe.com review makes a good point that this should be viewed as a "re-imagining" of the characters. But, that\'s not really what it is because it borrows so heavily from Hama\'s wonderful storylines (Snake-eyes and Storm Shadow as arch emenies, Destro and the Baroness as lovers - to name some examples). This movie could have been much better if the film makers stayed truer to those comics - like the Nolans did with the Dark Knight comics.
    \n
    \n A re-imagining would have been forgivable if it made sense, but this movie does not. Why was GI Joe well established before having a reason to exist, before Cobra existed? Regular armies/ law enforcement can\'t handle general terrorist threats? It would have been nice to have seen the birth (and recruitment sences) of GI Joe along with Cobra. What was the PITT doing in Egypt? Snake Eyes (arguably most fans\' favorite) had no soul. I\'m sorry, but Ray Park played him all wrong - Snake Eyes isn\'t cool because of what he can do to win, but what he doesn\'t have to do. Also, Cobra assassins broke into Joe command headquarters and left Hawk alive? Huh?
    \n
    \n This movie is just a slap in the face for any avid Joe fan. The writers just used established characters to tell their own inane Duke/Baroness gay love story.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[434377] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #10\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Hammerfel\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Hammerfel is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by grendalsnowman\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Why was GI Joe well established before having a reason to exist, before Cobra existed? Regular armies/ law enforcement can\'t handle general terrorist threats?
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Hawk explained this clearly in the movie. They needed a multi-national anti-terrorist force. Imagine a UN that had a spine. That would give you this GI Joe.[/quote]
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    What was the PITT doing in Egypt?
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Perfect place for a multi-national anti-terrorist force! Right between the Middle East and Europe, and Egypt is friendly to the West.
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Snake Eyes (arguably most fans\' favorite) had no soul. I\'m sorry, but Ray Park played him all wrong - Snake Eyes isn\'t cool because of what he can do to win, but what he doesn\'t have to do.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    So he should have done less? Not following you here... I think Ray Park did a great job, considering he couldn\'t talk and you couldn\'t even see his face. His body language was his only tool, and he used it well.
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Also, Cobra assassins broke into Joe command headquarters and left Hawk alive? Huh?
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    I wondered about this, too at first, but then I thought they injected him with nano-mites for later use (next movie).
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    This movie is just a slap in the face for any avid Joe fan. The writers just used established characters to tell their own inane Duke/Baroness gay love story.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Have to disagree here. I though the re-imagining was awesome, and the surprises fantastic. Gay love story? Are you sure you weren\'t watching Brokeback? \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Last edited by Hammerfel; 08-13-2009 at 01:09 PM.\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Post and view Dios, Photos, Reviews and Files at JoeDios.com
    \nMy Dios - Hammerfel.com/dios
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[434647] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #11\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n grendalsnowman\r\n \r\n
    \r\n grendalsnowman is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Thanks for the responses Hammerfel, but I still have to disagree somewhat.
    \n
    \n1 & 2:
    \n I know the films makers weren\'t exactly going for realism, but there are problems with Hawk\'s explanation. The U.N.\'s mission is to to promote and maintain peaceful relations between nations - it\'s "spineless" because there is no leadership as all nations are equal there. An international army could only maintain peace and security in a non-aggressive way because it too must be leaderless - no one country in command of it.
    \n
    \n The PITT being in Egypt is a problem because its violates Egypt\'s sovereignty - I doubt they, or their neighbors, would look to kindly on an American lead army within their borders. Even if it was an "international" force.
    \n
    \n3:
    \n Yes, Ray Park\'s Snake-eyes seemed to always be constantly flipping his sword around (he did this with his light saber as Darth Maul too). It may look cool, but doing it in a fight is pointless. It just needlessly expends energy and throws off form. Snake Eyes, I think, would be a more serious and disciplined fighter. I don\'t know it just bothered me.
    \n
    \n4.
    \n Thanks, Hammerfel, I never considered a nanomite injection!
    \n
    \n5.
    \n It was a love gay story because the actor who plays Duke is a woman. \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[434650] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #12\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Hammerfel\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Hammerfel is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Ha! Nice one.
    \n
    \nWhen I said UN-like, I meant multi-national, so the US doesn\'t have to be the policeman of the world. I didn\'t mean the "peace-keeping" role. I prefer a more a**-kicking role.
    \n
    \nIf we could humble ourselves enough to have a truly international Special Forces team, NOT US-led, we could get some cool stuff done. Like maybe clear the Taliban out of Northern Pakistan.
    \n
    \nEgypt might be open to a truly international Spec-For team. the US has bases in nearby Turkey, and also Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and until recently, Kyrgyzstan.
    \n
    \nI think the lightsaber duel at the end of Episode I is the best in all of the 6 movies, so you\'ll have to count me as a fan of flashy sword fighting moves. It\'s not entirely wasted effort. Those flourishes are often used to disguise the timing of the real strike. Or they\'re there to look cool. \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Post and view Dios, Photos, Reviews and Files at JoeDios.com
    \nMy Dios - Hammerfel.com/dios
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[434981] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #13\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Well after letting the movie set and digest in my brain for about a week, I am ready to rate it even lower than I did before. I hope this move drops like a stone at the box office. That way there will be no direct sequel, and maybe in another few years someone with with a proper understanding of GI JOE will do a new movie and erase this piece of garbage. A proper GI JOE movie should have
    \n1. The team be American, hence A real American Hero. Yes, there can be people of other nationalities in it, but first and foremost it should be American. And I do not care if that honks anyone off.
    \n2. Enough with the all black bodysuits, we need to have colorful characters. You can have the individual JOEs in their own unique uniforms and still have it look realistic.
    \n3. Don\'t over complicate the movie with back story. Don\'t get me wrong, the characters back stories are very important. And any good JOE fan went into the movie with a head full of the intricacies of the characters. And for the causal movie viewer who is unfamiliar with the characters? Give them just enough information to know what is going on, and if they want to know more they can read the comics, and the file cards.
    \n4. Don\'t radically change the characters. keep the bad guys bad and the good guys good.
    \n
    \n
    \nWell untill then at least I still have my classic comics, action figures and cartoons.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[435190] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #14\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n RATtler\r\n \r\n
    \r\n RATtler is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Angry \r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n It\'s already been green-lit for a sequel, as most people know by now. Will it take a new direction? Who knows...but everyone is confirmed to come back except for Sommers.
    \n
    \nAnyone who wants to make a live-action Joe movie with the "classic" feel to it, feel free. Good luck getting the funds together.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[435472] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #15\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n IamBrentN\r\n \r\n
    \r\n IamBrentN is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n The Ending\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n It was definitely thrilling to see my favorite childhood series, comic book, and toy line come to life on the big screen. That being said, I arrived at the film fully expecting the storyline not to fit exactly to the GI Joe of old. I was even able to get past the Baroness not having an indistinct European accent.
    \n
    \nI think I would have given the movie two thumbs up if what I thought was going to happen actually happened. I thought that Rex was Dr. Mindbender, and that would have totally worked. Cobra Commander should have been hiding somewhere behind the scenes controling the whole operation, and I totally thought that was what was going to happen when Destro alluded to the "bigger picture."
    \n
    \nWould it have been that hard to make Duke blonde?
    \n
    \nWould it have been that hard to not combine the Rex character with Cobra Commander?
    \n
    \nWhy did they have technology to build a small city under the polar ice cap, but Rex\'s mask appeared to be made of scrap from a Tim Burton movie?
    \n
    \nI liked the movie over all, but feel that they completely screwed it up in the last half hour.
    \n
    \nPS Was the blonde female GI Joe that was killed in Hawk\'s office Cover Girl?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[435538] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #16\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n freak4ll\r\n \r\n
    \r\n freak4ll is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n freak4ll\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Yes, sadly that was Cover girl that died... it was kind of funny though, I heard she would die in the script probably a year ago and I was really against it, but when it happened... I had no attachment to the character at all that I didn\'t even care that she died. My only problem with it is, if your going to have codenamed Joe die - at least make the audience care. The role was completely wasted which is proven by people not even realizing that she was Cover Girl. She should have just been some "green shirt" since the character served no purpose in the film and didn\'t do anything worthwhile.
    \n
    \nRex\'s mask is supposed to be a work in progress. I think it will look different for the sequel, but if Sommers is back directing it, it won\'t be the hooded commander. He\'s made his dislike for that quite clear.
    \n
    \nI also would have preferred they make Duke blond and that Cobra Commander and Dr. Mindbender seemed to be the same character. The Dr. Mindbender in the film didn\'t remind be of Dr. Mindbender as much as the Rex character did when he was "the doctor"\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[435541] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #17\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n MikePrime\r\n \r\n
    \r\n MikePrime is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n MikePrime\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by freak4ll\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    Yes, sadly that was Cover girl that died... it was kind of funny though, I heard she would die in the script probably a year ago and I was really against it, but when it happened... I had no attachment to the character at all that I didn\'t even care that she died. My only problem with it is, if your going to have codenamed Joe die - at least make the audience care. The role was completely wasted which is proven by people not even realizing that she was Cover Girl. She should have just been some "green shirt" since the character served no purpose in the film and didn\'t do anything worthwhile.
    \r\n
    \r\nRex\'s mask is supposed to be a work in progress. I think it will look different for the sequel, but if Sommers is back directing it, it won\'t be the hooded commander. He\'s made his dislike for that quite clear.
    \r\n
    \r\nI also would have preferred they make Duke blond and that Cobra Commander and Dr. Mindbender seemed to be the same character. The Dr. Mindbender in the film didn\'t remind be of Dr. Mindbender as much as the Rex character did when he was "the doctor"
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Did they even call her Cover Girl in the movie? I don\'t remember.
    \r\n
    \r\nThat reminds me of something from an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I forgot what movie they were making fun of, but one scene involved the deaths of un-named characters. The line said during this scene was something like this: "Who am I? Don\'t let me die before I know who I am!"
    \r\n
    \r\nThat\'s what I thought of when I saw Zartan kill Cover Girl.
    \r\n
    \r\nNow that G.I. Joe has people dying, at least compared to the cartoon, the "green shirts" finally fulfilled their destiny as cannon fodder.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[435604] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #18\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n IamBrentN\r\n \r\n
    \r\n IamBrentN is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I didn\'t really care about Cover Girl one way or the other, as she only appeared in a few cartoons, had a boring action figure, and wasn\'t very central to the plot.
    \n
    \nI can understand Rex\'s mask at the end being a work in progress, but it being a life support apparatus was a little stupid in my opinion and smacked of Darth Vadar. I actually prefered a flat, metallic faceplate with blue helmet to the hood.
    \n
    \nWhen I was younger, and finding information about GI Joe was nearly possible to find before the internet, I was dissatisfied with the explanation I was given after seeing the GI Joe movie where they revealed Cobra Commander had more than two eyes and pale blue skin. I wondered why the skin surrounding his eyes was peach when he wore the hood and someone told me he put on eye makeup.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[435644] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #19\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by IamBrentN\r\n \r\n
    \r\n

\nWhen I was younger, and finding information about GI Joe was nearly possible to find before the internet, I was dissatisfied with the explanation I was given after seeing the GI Joe movie where they revealed Cobra Commander had more than two eyes and pale blue skin. I wondered why the skin surrounding his eyes was peach when he wore the hood and someone told me he put on eye makeup.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    Heh, well I guess that would be a good lame excuse. Man, whoever thought of the entire Cobra-LA shtick should have been drug tested. What a horrible way to make a movie.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[431854] = "435644,432873"; pn[0] = ",431854"; pn[432873] = "431854,432936"; pn[432936] = "432873,433056"; pn[433056] = "432936,433057"; pn[433057] = "433056,433086"; pn[433086] = "433057,433191"; pn[433191] = "433086,433436"; pn[433436] = "433191,434317"; pn[434317] = "433436,433501"; pn[433501] = "434317,433516"; pn[433516] = "433501,434323"; pn[434323] = "433516,434377"; pn[434377] = "434323,434647"; pn[434647] = "434377,434650"; pn[434650] = "434647,434981"; pn[434981] = "434650,435190"; pn[435190] = "434981,435472"; pn[435472] = "435190,435538"; pn[435538] = "435472,435541"; pn[435541] = "435538,435604"; pn[435604] = "435541,435644"; pn[435644] = "435604,431854"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[2607] = "Antarctica"; pu[11401] = "sportscardgiant"; pu[10240] = "CobraLALALALA"; pu[11408] = "protozao21"; pu[6440] = "Average Joe"; pu[11416] = "SolidusRaccoon"; pu[11421] = "MajorBludd2009"; pu[5360] = "freak4ll"; pu[3484] = "Hammerfel"; pu[11446] = "grendalsnowman"; pu[9135] = "RATtler"; pu[11490] = "IamBrentN"; pu[3725] = "MikePrime"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Well after letting the movie set and digest in my brain for about a week, I am ready to rate it even lower than I did before. I hope this move drops like a stone at the box office. That way there will be no direct sequel, and maybe in another few years someone with with a proper understanding of GI JOE will do a new movie and erase this piece of garbage. A proper GI JOE movie should have
      1. The team be American, hence A real American Hero. Yes, there can be people of other nationalities in it, but first and foremost it should be American. And I do not care if that honks anyone off.
      2. Enough with the all black bodysuits, we need to have colorful characters. You can have the individual JOEs in their own unique uniforms and still have it look realistic.
      3. Don't over complicate the movie with back story. Don't get me wrong, the characters back stories are very important. And any good JOE fan went into the movie with a head full of the intricacies of the characters. And for the causal movie viewer who is unfamiliar with the characters? Give them just enough information to know what is going on, and if they want to know more they can read the comics, and the file cards.
      4. Don't radically change the characters. keep the bad guys bad and the good guys good.

Well untill then at least I still have my classic comics, action figures and cartoons.