The GI Joe Wing of My 1980's Man-Cave - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

great collection and great display
    check my want
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/34774...ure-parts.html
    read my fan fiction in the fan creativity section
    please visit http://jimmyz.myminicity.com/ and my website http://jmsberetta.webs.com

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Janus
    Ok, first off awesome. Second the figure display shelf looks very narrow, did you have to bolt that to the wall or is it pretty stable. Third, what dimensions is the stand with the Flagg, I am trying to figure out the best way to build one for mine and am entirely dreading the amount of space it will require. Fourth, those are some pretty cool looking joes you got there, are any repaints or are they international. I noticed 4 figs in front of your 83 HQ looking like they were wearing desert BDUs.

I did have to use some screws on the top and bottom of the figure display stand to keep it from tipping over. The base is wider, but it's still so tall that I wanted to secure it to keep it from tipping over. The case is actually so big that I had to cut it in half just to get it down the stairway.

The stand that the flagg is on is 24" deep by 86" wide. I made it as big as I could to hold the flagg, given the space I had. If I had more room, I would have made it at least 30" deep, maybe 36". The flagg itself is almost 38" wide at it's widest point, so it does overhang the stand I made quite a bit on the front and back.

I did some custom repaints to look like international figures (Blades, Ar Puro, TNT), and plan to do more, but none of them are real international figures. They were just beat up figures I got for $2 and breathed some new life into them with a little paint.

And yes, I did do a desert BDU team of Spirit, Flint, Low Light and Dialtone:

great collection. I really like your customs too
    They say it is ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. But sometimes you need to have intelligent conversations.
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/10394...want-list.html

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silverc
    I did have to use some screws on the top and bottom of the figure display stand to keep it from tipping over. The base is wider, but it's still so tall that I wanted to secure it to keep it from tipping over. The case is actually so big that I had to cut it in half just to get it down the stairway.

The stand that the flagg is on is 24" deep by 86" wide. I made it as big as I could to hold the flagg, given the space I had. If I had more room, I would have made it at least 30" deep, maybe 36". The flagg itself is almost 38" wide at it's widest point, so it does overhang the stand I made quite a bit on the front and back.

I did some custom repaints to look like international figures (Blades, Ar Puro, TNT), and plan to do more, but none of them are real international figures. They were just beat up figures I got for $2 and breathed some new life into them with a little paint.

And yes, I did do a desert BDU team of Spirit, Flint, Low Light and Dialtone:
    All in all, very cool. Your customs are just awesome. I especially like the desert team.

That was absolutely beautiful. I shed a tear. Thanks for sharing. Desert team rocks!

Sweet collection and nice display shelves!

The collection and room look really well done. Very clean, tidy, and great work on the shelves. That collection looks like a lot of fun. Congrats.

The fullcard collection looks great too! Fullcards in that kind of condition are hard to come by. Well done.

I like the figures that are decked out in grey highlights. Are they customs or international variants ?

Quote Originally Posted by masteratarms2ndclass
    The collection and room look really well done. Very clean, tidy, and great work on the shelves.
    I was thinking the same thing. I can tell you take a lot of pride in your collection. Its awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####