Help Street Fighter Vega Variant?

yojoe.com

Help Street Fighter Vega Variant?

I have a figure of Vega from street fighter, he does not resemble any pictures i have found, he has a purple/pinkish coloring on chest and mask, otherwise he looks to be exactly like the first issued vega figure. date stamp is hard to read i think 92, maybe 93
    Is this rare? EXTREMELY well done custom? The billion dollar GI JOE? Help me out

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like you've got Banzai, the figure who's body was used to make Vega.

I'm constantly impressed at how they reused so many molds and yet came up with some pretty close figures to the Street Fighter characters. Mortal Kombat, notsomuch, except maybe the ninjas.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

yep, it is banzai, thanks for the quick reply everyone

Quote Originally Posted by cyko
    I'm constantly impressed at how they reused so many molds and yet came up with some pretty close figures to the Street Fighter characters. Mortal Kombat, notsomuch, except maybe the ninjas.
    Tell that to poor Zangief.

Quote Originally Posted by PJDonnell
    Tell that to poor Zangief.
    Ah... you're right. I'd forgot that one: cyborg Zangief. The feet are a decent match, and the thighs might've been less noticeable if they'd been painted red. But there's not excuse for that; there are plenty of muscular thighs without holsters they could've used (Balrog/Big Boa comes to mind). The Blanka/Road Pig chest with a hairy paint app might've been more acceptable, too (more authentic?).
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

They did a better job on the 1994 Movie Zangief.

Quote Originally Posted by cyko View Post
    Ah... you're right. I'd forgot that one: cyborg Zangief. The feet are a decent match, and the thighs might've been less noticeable if they'd been painted red. But there's not excuse for that; there are plenty of muscular thighs without holsters they could've used (Balrog/Big Boa comes to mind). The Blanka/Road Pig chest with a hairy paint app might've been more acceptable, too (more authentic?).

Anyone have this figure for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    They did a better job on the 1994 Movie Zangief.

Does anyone have one of these figures for sale? Thanks!