How is the market for vintage Joes right now? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Great post, I'm glad to see those who are on the frontlines commenting. I burned out of joe buying and selling when my daughter came along about 3 years ago. I've got excess stuff I'd love to get rid of, but ebay has been looking awful lately. Guess I'll box it up and sit on it for a while.

Let us know if and when it starts heating up again!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhawk
    Great post, I'm glad to see those who are on the frontlines commenting. I burned out of joe buying and selling when my daughter came along about 3 years ago. I've got excess stuff I'd love to get rid of, but ebay has been looking awful lately. Guess I'll box it up and sit on it for a while.

Let us know if and when it starts heating up again!
    You could sell it this way!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizgillar
    As far as actual collecting goes (as opposed to kids buying toys to play with), the Sears version is more unique and actually fits the vintage figures better. Also, the current remakes are much more fragile.
    The vehicles aren't. I mean, the softer grey plastic used on things like the vintage Claw and Flight Pod become brittle with age.

The new stuff's footpegs are an annoyance, so yeah vintage fits better.

The thing is, the new stuff does not adequately represent the toys of our youth. Without getting too much into 25th bashing (easy to do), the only thing that it shares with vintage is some names and similar coloring.
    Ah, but not all fans are alike. They want representations of the characters of their youth more so than the specific toys of their youth (assuming they ever owned them to begin with). It's about the characters to some people. Those are the ones who abandoned, say, 90's Toy Biz for 2000's Marvel Legends...or dumped ARAH for new sculpt and/or then dumped new sculpt for 25th.

I would go after the SMS over the UBP Hiss and WM Heatseak any day.
    I'll never be that rich. So I'm happy the Heetseek exists. I also have the Crimson Sabotage HISS, so I'm cool with that for now since it at least has vintage footpegs.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think vintage collectible Joes are fun for everyone who likes collecting and either had them as a kid or likes the quality better than what's available at retail now. The fact is that it is just a fun or a neat hobby to have. If expendable income is good then the collection expands and the cost isn't that important. When income is reduced (layoffs) or there is more important things to buy (baby/child needs), the collection expansion slows or stops or the collection is sold.

Also, the market for vintage Joes is going down now so people are turned off buying something they perceive is going down in value. (Might as well wait till it is even lower). This is why deflation is so scary in the real world. If everyone is holding off buying things waiting for the cost to go down more then businesses suffer because they are not generating enough income to pay expenses and they lay-off more people.

I think Joes are in a downward spiral that may last awhile but I think prices will bounce back at some point. A lot of people will stop collecting now but start up again when they have more cash (kids move out,... maybe).

End rant.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by ChadShaft
    You could sell it this way!
    I'm pretty sure my for sale list is still buried somewhere on here, anything that was on it I still most likely have. I may update it before I store it all up.

It's funny what you can find when you are bored at work. I found these 2 links crimsonhawk. Both have links to your yahoo photos page, but the link no longer works.

http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/42527-joes-sale.html

http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/38081-l...tml#post231918

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13
    It's funny what you can find when you are bored at work. I found these 2 links crimsonhawk. Both have links to your yahoo photos page, but the link no longer works.

http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/42527-joes-sale.html

http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/38081-l...tml#post231918
    Nice! Well, I remember now, yahoo pictures went to flickr, and trying to find the controls in flickr is about as user friendly as rebuilding a transmission.

I think i've opened up the pics now, so if you see something you want, let me know. Not making promises that I still have it all, but I will take a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1814876...0sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG
    Sky Raven for a buck?!
    I think some of my for show galleries are in there too, got that for a buck at a swap meet, still haven't done anything with it tho.