How is the market for vintage Joes right now?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How is the market for vintage Joes right now?

Hey All!

Well, the economy takes it's bites haha

I am going to sell off my small vintage Joe collection.. Nothing amazingly rare, just a lot of nice loose complete figures.

The only oddities are Polish bootleg Joes, and Polish bootleg prototypes! I havent been keeping up with prices, and was wondering if I sold now if I would just take a beating on the prices?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Now is not the time to be selling. I'm not sure if it's the "economy" or people focusing on the new stuff, but a lot of vintage stuff is going for a fraction of what it was a year or two ago.

It's great if you are a buyer. Sucks if you are a seller.

It seems like everyone is spending all their money on the ROC stuff so no one has any cash for the old stuff. A lot of auctions on eBay are ending at a fraction of what they have been selling at the past 6 months. It's crazy.

Sure, some of the rare stuff is still selling well, Like Stardusters and Night Force items, but a lot of items have plumeted in price. Heck, I just picked up a mint complete Claymore for $18.00 and that's a $50+ figure. This is just one of many examples that Ive bought since the ROC figures hit.

Like I said, it just seems like everyone has jumped on the ROC bandwagon and currently, that's where all their money is going. I figure in a couple months, when the hype ends, things should go back to normal.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll join and say vintage stuff seems cheaper than usual. I've seen a lot of auctions on eBay go with 0 bids for otherwise desireable stuff. Maybe after the movie runs for a bit, ARAH interest will return.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Apparently, vintage stuff is cheaper now. That is, except for the stuff I happen to be looking for......

I'm down to my last 40 or so figures to complete my 1982-1994 run, and it seems like every one of them is going up in price lately. When a complete Static Line sells for over $40 and a Air Devil brings $60+, I just don't see the decline in the market so much, I guess.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

I dont see any decline in the vintage market for me. I am selling a lot more via my website than I did last year or the year before. I have a large International customer base and they buy a lot of the vintage stuff. I am sure Free shipping helps.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

seems like ebays prices are falling off here lately... i just picked up a complete claymore for $15 and a red ninja for $5. but people on the boards and the guys with their own sites seem to be doing pretty well.
    it's definitely a great time to be buying the vintage stuff.

and dan, i know your pain... i'm down to about 18 now and i either can't find them, or the prices are way up there...

I agree with a couple of posters above me. Some of the vintage stuff is going for a fraction of what it was last year, but the figures i'm looking for to complete my 82-89 run are still fetching pretty good prices.
    ..."Even COBRA Commander doesn't know much about Firefly. His fees are paid into a numbered Swiss bank account and are always payable in advance. He makes no guarantees and gives no refunds"

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd_527
    dan, i know your pain... i'm down to about 18 now and i either can't find them, or the prices are way up there...
    The part that kills me is that, except for a straight arm Cobra Office, every single figure I need to complete my run is post-1989.

Now, in my mindset, the later figures aren't as sought after as the earlier ones and as such should be easy to find for low $$$....and it's not that the figures I'm after are necessarily expensive, it's just that I don't want them badly enough to pay even $10 each for most of them.

Of the figures I still need, I think these will be the priciest:

Altitude
    Skydive
    Static Line
    Sonic Fighter Viper (darn army builders)
    Skymate
    Air Devil
    Gears
    Techno Viper v2
    1994 Cobra Commander
    Red Ninjas

The most expensive of the lot (I hope) should be about $25 or so, but still....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    The part that kills me is that, except for a straight arm Cobra Office, every single figure I need to complete my run is post-1989.

Now, in my mindset, the later figures aren't as sought after as the earlier ones and as such should be easy to find for low $$$....and it's not that the figures I'm after are necessarily expensive, it's just that I don't want them badly enough to pay even $10 each for most of them.

Of the figures I still need, I think these will be the priciest:

Altitude
    Skydive
    Static Line
    Sonic Fighter Viper (darn army builders)
    Skymate
    Air Devil
    Gears
    Techno Viper v2
    1994 Cobra Commander
    Red Ninjas

The most expensive of the lot (I hope) should be about $25 or so, but still....
    i know how you feel... everything i'm missing is 89 or later. the problem i'm running into is that half of my list doesn't show up very often - 94 ozone, 94 countdown, 93 bio-viper, iaf set, rdf set, 89 rampage. the others - nf charbroil, nf lightfoot, nf repeater, create a cobra - are very expensive when they do show up.
    anyways... send me a pm and let me know who all you're missing dan. i might be able to help you out on some of them. i know i have an extra carded 94 cobra commander, and if you're just trying to get a figure and not complete on a few others i should be able to help.