How long does an AFA grade last?

yojoe.com

How long does an AFA grade last?

Hello,

New guy here...I read up on the AFA website.....
    I was wondering by everyone's experience, if you have an item graded, how long does that last for until a re-grade is recommended or required?

I am just asking since I will have some items graded, but over time (if not properly stored) could reduce the grade below collector quality regardless of what the label says.

Thanks!
    Logan

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    It's true that figures can deteriorate even when sealed in AFAs cases. Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is no "expiration date" on an AFA grade. Caveat emptor!
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by 4Logan
    Hello,

New guy here...I read up on the AFA website.....
    I was wondering by everyone's experience, if you have an item graded, how long does that last for until a re-grade is recommended or required?

I am just asking since I will have some items graded, but over time (if not properly stored) could reduce the grade below collector quality regardless of what the label says.

Thanks!
    Logan
    I'm an actual buyer.

You bring up a great point!

I think the AFA grade lasts as long as the condition of the item remains the same. If one of my AFA items has a bubble that turns yellow or an O-ring that breaks, I would replace that item with a new one. I don't think that a bone white Storm Shadow that grades an AFA 85, is still an AFA 85 if yellowing or broken O-rings occur.

If you get your items AFA graded, storing them properly will greatly reduce their deterioration.