Can you pay for something with paypal without using your paypal balance?

yojoe.com

Can you pay for something with paypal without using your paypal balance?

I'd like t purchase something from a website that only takes paypal. I have several hundred dollars in my paypal account that I would like to save for a rainy day, so to speak. I can't seem to find the option that lets me pay for this with my credit card without using my paypal funds first.
    firefly owns you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by firefly owns you
    I'd like t purchase something from a website that only takes paypal. I have several hundred dollars in my paypal account that I would like to save for a rainy day, so to speak. I can't seem to find the option that lets me pay for this with my credit card without using my paypal funds first.
    This is unrelated to your question but it is my sincere advice. Don't keep your money in there! If paypal ever decides on a whim that there's anything about your account they don't like they can freeze your money for 6 months!! You can google "paypal sucks" for all the horror stories from people who have been screwed by paypal...

First off, that is great advice. I transer balances almost immediatly, unless I know there is something I am going to pay for within a few days. I have taken it a step further as well....the bank account linked to my paypal account was opened for that purpose only, I don't use it for anything else, just in case they somehow worm their way in there.

Back to your question though, yes, you can pay via different methods, provided you have set them up. I actually have 3 different funding options (cc, other bank acct, paypal balance). When you are set to pay, you should see a link just below your payment info that should say something along the lines of: "Select another payment option" or similar to that. When you click on that, you should see the other options that you set up, provided you did so in the first place. From there you choose with option you want to go with, then it will take you back to the payment screen one last time before you confirm your payment.
    A most excellent idea sire!

my Wants:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/13558...tml#post812661

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire
    First off, that is great advice. I transer balances almost immediatly, unless I know there is something I am going to pay for within a few days. I have taken it a step further as well....the bank account linked to my paypal account was opened for that purpose only, I don't use it for anything else, just in case they somehow worm their way in there.
    I have done this exact same thing aft a bad paypal experience. Any money that goes into my paypal balance is immediately transferred out to a bank account I use only for paypal. Then that money is transfered from the paypal account to my regular account. I only keep 1 cent in my paypal account at all times, and I removed the overdraft option. That way paypal will never be able to take more than a penny of my money if they ever decide to.