What's the Rarest 80's Gi Joe's

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the Rarest 80's Gi Joe's

I have been looking for an updated list similar to this one I found below:
    http://www.forgotten-figures.com/joe/rare.htm
    Looking for AFA MOC 1984 Firefly, Baroness.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it would also help to look at some old threads about this topic. Then we can all add to it and vote on which ones everyone thinks are most rare.
    Kyle

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The problem with forgotten figures list is most of it is foreign figures (Do many collectors figure their collection is incomplete if the are missing a funskool figure?). I think the poster was looking for our typical Hasbro rares. Holy Grails for play sets and vehicles is well known.
    Without the most knowledge on the subject I would offer the following candidates as discussion:
    "Mickey Mouse" Cobra Commander (changed insignia after initial release)
    Silver Pads Grand Slam (many of us already had the JUMP and parents would not buy a second one to get the same guy we had with the HAL plus the paint wore)
    Hardtop (Defiant was hard to acquire back then)
    Payload (Defiant was hard to acquire back then)
    Listen & Fun Tripwire (not widely released; my original which was lost over the years was bought at Odd Lots; it was ugly and one of our first repaints)
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

Sorry, I meant to post this one:
    http://www.treasuresntoys.com/webcamprankingus.htm

Gold head steel brigade
    Rumbler
    Ninja viper
    Gears
    Techno viper v2

I think the following two figures also deserve to be high on the list of US releases....however limited as they were:

Pimp Daddy Destro
    Deep Six "Killer Whale" version
    Brian aka GungHo
    sniperman76@hotmail.com

In need of the following parts:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=49874

By dumb luck I got GH Steel Brigade and Ninja Viper from Hasbro in 1994, both were expired offers at the time I think but I felt the need to try. They cashed the check and sent them to me. It was 15 years later before I knew they were even valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by just_joes_by_mike
    The '84 Baroness and Firefly are rarer than a Viper Glider pilot or the Night Force figures? I'm not sure about that. Demand could very well be higher, but the prices sure aren't.

A white Storm Shadow needs to be on the rarity list. Probably Snow Job, too.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

Quote Originally Posted by cyko
    The '84 Baroness and Firefly are rarer than a Viper Glider pilot or the Night Force figures? I'm not sure about that. Demand could very well be higher, but the prices sure aren't.

A white Storm Shadow needs to be on the rarity list. Probably Snow Job, too.
    The top few are the MOC. I would say a MIB viper pilot is very rare.

The last figure I had to get to complete my vintage collection from 82-94 was Rampage. I eventually paid double to get it bagged. I think it is still one of the most difficult figures to find. Although, not the most expensive, but sure is very very hard to find.
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!