Isn't this a repro card?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Isn't this a repro card?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIJOE-QUICK-KICK...d=p3911.c0.m14

To me this doesn't look anything like the original from India nor do I see it being worthwhile to reproduce.

The description is very contradictory. It says they were released in U.S. in 1985 and later says exclusive to India.

The figure looks good for supposedly being funskool. Oddly enough, I think this may be worth more than a legitimate version just because the original doesn't seem to be worth hardly anything (from what I can remember, I don't collect funskool).

There are more of these available from this seller. They look very new and different to me. Did I miss something?
    Kyle

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think he is referring to the US release of 1985 for quickkick. Not sure when the Indian release for their version was. The auction does not look deceiving, the description seems acurate, a funskool MOC version. Probally worth about $10, IMHO.

the item is located in india. It is entirely possible that english is not the seller's first language, thus your confusion. Seems pretty clear to me. The picture says it all.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by uterglue
    http://cgi.ebay.com/GIJOE-QUICK-KICK...d=p3911.c0.m14

To me this doesn't look anything like the original from India nor do I see it being worthwhile to reproduce.

The description is very contradictory. It says they were released in U.S. in 1985 and later says exclusive to India.

The figure looks good for supposedly being funskool. Oddly enough, I think this may be worth more than a legitimate version just because the original doesn't seem to be worth hardly anything (from what I can remember, I don't collect funskool).

There are more of these available from this seller. They look very new and different to me. Did I miss something?
    They indeed look different than the Funskool versions I have. The main difference I can see is the GI Joe Logo on the front looks different
    Here is a link to see what the normal one looks like http://joeparts.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=7442
    Last edited by TYPE*S*TOYS; 09-19-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Thanks Type S Toys, after looking at the cards side by side you can see they are not even close. Besides the gi joe logo being completely different the text all over the card is in different places and has different fonts, colors and sizes. The reprodution card reads AGES: 5+ rather than AGES: 5 & UP. The white border is thicker and the hang tab appears different as well.

I guess we have to be careful when buying a ten dollar value MOC figure.
    Kyle

What you're looking at, for lack of a better term, is a "vintage" Funskool card. Their earlier cards (early/mid-90') were much better quality, glossy, and brighter pictures than the later figures.

This is a legit Quick Kick, and the quality of the figure will be much better than the later figures as well.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Oh, that's a surprise. Thanks John. I guess it should be a bit more desireable then. Very good to know.
    Kyle

As these "new style" carded figures are beginning to emerge from India, there has been a lot of speculation about them.

They appear to be recarded Funskool figures with an updated "25th anniversary look" to them.

1 The explosion back is closer to the 25th look than the vintage look.

2 As Uterglue mentioned, instead of saying "ages 5 & Up" (like both the older style US and older style Funskool cardbacks), they now say ages "ages 5+" like the 25th an cards:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/07/carde...adyjaye6.shtml

3 The outline around the words "A Real American Heroes" is closer to the 25th style.

A lot of questions still remain - including: Are they old stock figures just recarded on new 25th anniversary style cards, or is Funskool actually remaking the figures again - using the molds they have on hand???

I am assuming these are being done by Funskool - but I don't have confirmation on that yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed :-)

In any case, a fun new inclusion into our hobby!!

Aire
    Last edited by airedevon; 09-20-2009 at 02:44 PM.

I don't have any of these new carded figures in hand yet, so I don't have a picture of the back to post.

Does anyone here have any of these yet? If so, could you post a picture of the back of the card. That would be cool! Thanks!

Also, does anyone know if the 25th anneversary style figures themselves (the ones made in China) were released in India?

If not, these new carded figures might be Funskool's way to make the most of the release of the movie...

If anyone has any info, please post!
    These are intriguing!
    Thanks so much!
    Aire

I'm just going by memory on what the older cards look like. Aire, you have some great information that I am not yet familiar with, so I am intrigued as you are about their potential for them being new figures coming out.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.