City Strike Snake Eyes - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    It's really very simple and people are trying to make all stupid. He is flat out in far smaller quantity than any other figure we've seen in the line, along with the other 2 guys. The main thing is he is Resolute Snake Eyes, and a LOT of people want that figure. Be it that this is the costume he wears when he finally kills Storm Shadow, or be it that it's just a modern update to a classic fan favorite, he is in high demand.

I actualy like the idea of having at least 1 rare-ish figure. I love being able to find what I want, but I also love havin 1 or 2 that are "rare" or hard to find.

In a year or two try sanggin this guy. Demand may be down at that time, it may be up, but either way, he'll be tougher to find than any other figure in the RoC line.

Snake Eyes popularity + less produced figure = rarer at least than the others.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    I agree that this is a collector driven line still, but I disagree with CS SE's really being in that much more demand. the only thing driving the demand is everyone buying all they find, thus reducing the ability of others finding them. it is contrived demand based not on the lack of product produced but the lack of product available due to the behavior of other collectors.
    Nothing but respect for you old friend, but I respectfully disagree.

As you note even yourself, it's a collector driven line.
    Scalpers will always be around and knowing what to buy, but for the rest of it and I'd say very easily the most part, is that the collectors--who are the buying force of G I Joe and this line--like him and want him because he is Resolute and as already pointed out, 90-95% of the community enjoy Resolute immensely.

That's why he's so hard to find.

Resolute: In 10 years of perusing the various forums online, I have NEVER seen anything that nearly everyone agreed on in likes and taste except maybe the 25th anniversary line.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I hope this thread doesn't get locked. I'm looking forward to when the told-you-so bombs go off.

Found another CS SE today, btw. Check your local... oh never mind.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got one in a case but I left CSSE closed for now. If I do find another I'll open it for sure. There is a reasonable chance this wave won't show up in Canada in any large numbers, which doesn't seem to be the case back home in the States. Retail toy shopping in Canada is much less fun than it was in Oregon, the choices are just so limited here. Most stores still have more Destro and Baroness than they'll ever sell.

And I don't see any reason this would get closed, why would it?

Quote Originally Posted by MOD
    Nothing but respect for you old friend, but I respectfully disagree.

As you note even yourself, it's a collector driven line.
    Scalpers will always be around and knowing what to buy, but for the rest of it and I'd say very easily the most part, is that the collectors--who are the buying force of G I Joe and this line--like him and want him because he is Resolute and as already pointed out, 90-95% of the community enjoy Resolute immensely.

That's why he's so hard to find.

Resolute: In 10 years of perusing the various forums online, I have NEVER seen anything that nearly everyone agreed on in likes and taste except maybe the 25th anniversary line.
    I agree with everything you said.

but if collectors just bought one CS SE's and left the rest (and it sure seems alot of collectors are finding him in multiples, thus reducing the likelihood that scalpers are targeting the figure -- or the line in general), there would be plenty available for everyone, and the demand would be the same as every other figure. but collectors are buying all they find, making other collectors even more anxious about the figure, and thus the demand is being artificially contrived by collector behavior because the more we can't find it the more we want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    I hope this thread doesn't get locked. I'm looking forward to when the told-you-so bombs go off.

Found another CS SE today, btw. Check your local... oh never mind.
    If the bombs are "See they are EVERYWHERE now and he's not that big of deal", it's no big deal to me, that isn't going to be sweat off my brow.

It just means everyone who wants him has a good chance to find him.

I agree with everything you said.

but if collectors just bought one CS SE's and left the rest (and it sure seems alot of collectors are finding him in multiples, thus reducing the likelihood that scalpers are targeting the figure -- or the line in general), there would be plenty available for everyone, and the demand would be the same as every other figure. but collectors are buying all they find, making other collectors even more anxious about the figure, and thus the demand is being artificially contrived by collector behavior because the more we can't find it the more we want it.
    And because it's Resolute Snake Eyes.

If someone else does buy up all they see, it does makes it harder for everyone else and I see your point.

But then again it's first come, first serve, so I can't say either way I guess.

But if it turns out that he will be just as available as any other figure eventually, then it's all good in the long run because everyone gets a chance to get him.

When you say people are seeing multiples, do you mean at the same time? (day/store location?)

10 page thead says it all IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    I got one in a case but I left CSSE closed for now. If I do find another I'll open it for sure. There is a reasonable chance this wave won't show up in Canada in any large numbers, which doesn't seem to be the case back home in the States. Retail toy shopping in Canada is much less fun than it was in Oregon, the choices are just so limited here. Most stores still have more Destro and Baroness than they'll ever sell.
    Does'nt sound all that different than down here in the slightest
    Last edited by CobraLALALALA; 11-21-2009 at 04:14 AM.

but if collectors just bought one CS SE's and left the rest (and it sure seems alot of collectors are finding him in multiples, thus reducing the likelihood that scalpers are targeting the figure -- or the line in general), there would be plenty available for everyone, and the demand would be the same as every other figure.
    Demand for CS Snake-Eyes the same as every other figure? Do you *really* believe that? Does anyone?

For sure demand is definitely higher. I for one have avoided everything in an ROC package except for the Walmart 2-packs and this Resolute SE. In fact I have made it a point to avoid ROC. If folks like me go out of our ways to hunt him down, that tells you something.