City Strike Snake Eyes - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Its an ok figure, although, i think the black strap on his head makes him look like one of those guys who goes bald on top but refuses to cut the rest of it off. He didn't have those colors in Resolute did he or was it more muted? best SE of all time... ehh not for me but it's one i'd pick up if i saw it in the store for 8 bucks. if its going to go for some insane price i might have to pick up a couple :P

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll probably buy the City Strike Snake Eyes when I finally find it at Target or Wal Mart for a REASONABLE amount of money, just for the head mainly, and paint it all black, and swap out the head for the Snake Eyes that I have from the Target exclusive Rescue Missions pack.

I still like the solid black version better at this point, and without having it in hand, I'll make that decision when I finally see it.

It's still the best Snake Eyes figure yet, regardless of color, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM82
    It's still the best Snake Eyes figure yet, regardless of color, IMHO.
    You mean in 25 years right? V2 is #1!!
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You mean v2 from 1985? I have to totally disagree. Today's figures blow those old ones out of the water completely. There's no comparison! I realize that there are collectors who frequent this forum that love those old figures, but not me.

If you mean the 25th Anniv. v2 (technically v29), I still have to disagree, as this newest version I'm referring to in my post is my favorite by far. But v29's cool, too; don't get me wrong!
    Last edited by JMM82; 10-28-2009 at 06:05 PM.

You know, I was looking at my v2 1985 Snake Eyes yesterday. The nostalgia and memories are still there. It's a great figure for it's time.
    But I agree, the design, sculpt and look of the Resolute Snake Eyes tops it.
    O-Ring Joes will always be special to me, but the stuff they make now is much better in my opinion.

Bhahhh!
    Turn in your Steel Brigade Patches and membership cards in the 80's fan club (turn them in to me of course, I will ensure they are properly displayed in my collection)

I will admit the sculpts and paint jobs we are getting now are superb but the durability for heavy play is just not there. I am afraid I will break hands off at the wrist or elbows when they sometimes do not want to bend. Good thing I am a collector now and not trying to conquer the living room couch, sand box, back yard or pool with the modern lines, I don't think they would hold up to the treatment my family gave the originals. Although that could be a Hasbro strategy, if i break him and they are sitting on the shelves, I might buy another. I better go get my tin foil hat, I feel a conspiracy is upon me!!
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

FYI: regarding the $34.99 price tag on city strike Snake-Eyes.

Since this figure is really about the only one in the case that collectors have any real interest in (thanks Hasbro), retailers will be lucky to make their money back on the cost of the case selling this figure for $34.99 and *HOPING* that they are somehow able to get rid of the rest. Hasbro's case pack-outs and the product they are releasing is putting retailers in precarious territory, at least as far as supporting the GI JOE brand is concerned.

You are not going to have much better luck finding this figure on brick n' mortar retail shelves either. The figure is in demand from collectors to a much greater degree than the other items in this case. Therefore, he will disappear instantly and the others will sit. The retailers will not order any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Stinson
    Since this figure is really about the only one in the case that collectors have any real interest in (thanks Hasbro), retailers will be lucky to make their money back on the cost of the case selling this figure for $34.99 and *HOPING* that they are somehow able to get rid of the rest.
    What's in the rest of the case? No disrespect (and you obviously have a damn nice collection ) but won't most "collectors" get at least one of everything they can for completeness' sake?

GI JOE Rise of Cobra C1 assortment #5 case, 12 figures as follows: Storm Shadow (v4 - arctic threat), Ripcord (v3 - desert fatigues), Desert-Viper, Duke (v4), Snake-Eyes (city strike v4), Duke (v3 - Delta 6 suit), Ice-Viper, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow (v2 - Paris pursuit), Snake-Eyes (v2 - Paris pursuit), Storm Shadow (v1), and Snake-Eyes (v1).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord McCullen
    What's in the rest of the case? No disrespect (and you obviously have a damn nice collection ) but won't most "collectors" get at least one of everything they can for completeness' sake?
    Case: Duke (city strike), Ripcord (desert fatigues), Storm Shadow (arctic threat), Desert-Viper, and misc. other older figures. You have five new figures, and 7 old figures.

Re: completeness, I think many people are not as concerned about it with this line. Just my observation from following the boards.

My assessment is that most collectors don't really care much about actually collecting the movie line - some are picking up one or two figures here and there, others more (or all) if they are really cheap (i.e. $5.99 or less). \

I think there is a disconnect yet again between what Hasbro's doing and what collectors are willing to buy - in product assortment, price, and quality differential (i.e. city-strike Snake-Eyes vs. err most of the other stuff). This results in situations where collector attention becomes rabidly focused on a few particular items that are perceived as superior to others.