City Strike Snake Eyes - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    GI JOE Rise of Cobra C1 assortment #5 case, 12 figures as follows: Storm Shadow (v4 - arctic threat), Ripcord (v3 - desert fatigues), Desert-Viper, Duke (v4), Snake-Eyes (city strike v4), Duke (v3 - Delta 6 suit), Ice-Viper, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow (v2 - Paris pursuit), Snake-Eyes (v2 - Paris pursuit), Storm Shadow (v1), and Snake-Eyes (v1).
    ^^^ Why the heck are they doing that??
    They're mixing figures from FOUR different waves into one case??

That's only going to make the peg-warmer situation worse.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane
    ^^^ Why the heck are they doing that??
    They're mixing figures from FOUR different waves into one case??

That's only going to make the peg-warmer situation worse.
    Indeed, and now we are getting a clearer picture of why things aren't selling and why things are hard to find.

To my mind, the situation started really going downhill from the point where they short-packed the 5th 25th Anniv. DVD set then proceeded to repeatedly deny that there was any issue with finding the set, although they were screwing up assortments like the 25th Anniv. comic 2-packs long before that.

They're doing the same with with the Marvel figures BTW, 400 versions of Spider-Man and Iron Man, etc.

Hasbro is making it nearly impossible to be a completist with this line, unless one has really deep pockets and access to major American retail. Canada doesn't have Target or K-Mart, and what little does filter down to us is never anything but a fraction of the exclusives. Canadian TRU is also way less active than the one I grew up with in Oregon, and up here they don't seem too concerned about getting the TRU exclusives on the shelf. The single carded and SRO exclusives from the summer are never going to show up here.

I want most of the major single carded stuff but I haven't even bothered with several of the vehicles and don't know that I will. ROC is not a bad line but it's definitely spread thin.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    Hasbro is making it nearly impossible to be a completist with this line
    That's always a bad place too, because as I've said before here: once the completist consumer says 'no' to one item (or can't find it for the collection) it's kind of like a house of cards falling.

Anyone still needing this figure it is at Toyrus.com, here is the link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3905809
    Been a long time guys, hope you remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson tide
    Anyone still needing this figure it is at Toyrus.com, here is the link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3905809
    OUT OF STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by cardensb
    Bhahhh!
    Turn in your Steel Brigade Patches and membership cards in the 80's fan club (turn them in to me of course, I will ensure they are properly displayed in my collection)

I will admit the sculpts and paint jobs we are getting now are superb but the durability for heavy play is just not there. I am afraid I will break hands off at the wrist or elbows when they sometimes do not want to bend. Good thing I am a collector now and not trying to conquer the living room couch, sand box, back yard or pool with the modern lines, I don't think they would hold up to the treatment my family gave the originals. Although that could be a Hasbro strategy, if i break him and they are sitting on the shelves, I might buy another. I better go get my tin foil hat, I feel a conspiracy is upon me!!
    I totally agree. I was all about the new figures until I opened some up. Wow.....talk about flimsy! The old Joes destroy these for actual quality. They are nicely detailed, for the most part, but then again so weren't many of the old toys..........

Found City strike duke and desert fatigues rip and white coat doctor today. Must have missed cs se.

I went to all the Aldi's around me seeing as how many have found him there but only found the kamakura wave. Which I have no interest in. I guess if any body that wave go to Aldi's.
    firefly owns you!

Yeah Hasbro killed the Indy Jones line like that. They do it with Marvel Universe. Now with Joe. What the heck are they thinking? No other toy company I know of has such a poor business policy of putting in so much old stock in new case assortments...

I couldn't sleep yesterday so I ended up in WalMart at 6 am grocery shopping- finally found CS SE, jungle ripcord, and desert viper. They had one of each with plenty of pegwarmers (my WM is notorious for ignoring their toy section).

My insomnia finally paid off.