City Strike Snake Eyes - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy
    He is one per case, yes, but so is EVERY OTHER FIGURE IN THE CASE.
    Is it not true that the "EVERY OTHER FIGURE IN THE CASE" you mention are prior releases, unlike City Strike Snake Eyes?
    Last edited by CobraLALALALA; 11-16-2009 at 03:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I found 2 CS SE at a K-Mart today (Bridgeton store, for you St. Louis Joe collectors) for 8 bucks and some change. I bought 1 but am keeping it MOC right now 'til I find another one.

And a certain vendor is still selling these for $34.99??!!

still cant find cs snake eyes where i live. hope it starts to pop during the holiday shopping run.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I finally found a City Strike Snake Eyes at K-Mart. I bought it and opened it. CS Snake Eyes is very nice figure.

Wouldn't you know it. I traded for one here last week and got it today, then when I was driving my daughter around to a bunch of stores for some stuff I found 3 of them. 2 at wal-mart and 1 at k-mart. Kept 1 and already offloaded the other 2 to collectors in trades.
    firefly owns you!

Quote Originally Posted by JMM82
    I found 2 CS SE at a K-Mart today (Bridgeton store, for you St. Louis Joe collectors) for 8 bucks and some change. I bought 1 but am keeping it MOC right now 'til I find another one.

And a certain vendor is still selling these for $34.99??!!
    These are still not that easy to find, plus it is a great figure in a poor case assortment, so there is a lot of demand. I have it priced at $34.99 not because I am all that interested in selling it at that price, but to encourage sales of the full case (where figures average less than $8 ea., including City Strike). But, if you just want to clean me out on CS Snake-Eyes, yes you'll have to go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy
    He is no rarer than City strike Duke or Jungle Ripcord at the current time
    You aren't factoring individual demand for those figures into the equation. City Strike Duke and Jungle Ripcord aren't all that popular, certainly not compared to City Strike SE. You are much more likely to run into the first two for that reason.

Exactly Corey. I've seen this wave 6 times now. I've only seen Snake Eyes twice in all of that time.
    Every other time the ROC boys, Duke, Ripcord, Desert Viper, and SS are sitting there on the pegs remaining.
    People can say what they wish, but the fact that it's the OFF-SCREEN characters that are hard to find while in the meantime the MASSIVE line is dropped to $5 dollars at nearly every retailer nationwide tells you it's a collector only supported line.
    To say Snake Eyes is only in as much demand as the others or as easy to find is incorrect.
    I don't see a thread started ANYWHERE with 9 pages long on City Strike Duke or Jungle Ripcord and how people are exhaling with relief that they now have them in their possession.
    Maybe he will be easier to find later or maybe not.
    Either way I believe when it's all said and done, he will be the "gem" from this line in many, many people's eyes because he's the quintessential Snake Eyes to alot of people and like it or not the majority of the collector base station themselves in the Resolute camp.
    If some people didn't have a beef with the collectors for some odd reason and weren't constantly trying to be a Hasbro apologist, they'd realize that.

EDIT: Sell him for what you want Corey. If he gets harder to find as time wanes, you shouldn't have a problem selling him at that price even as a single piece.
    Last edited by MOD; 11-19-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD
    Exactly Corey. I've seen this wave 6 times now. I've only seen Snake Eyes twice in all of that time.
    Every other time the ROC boys, Duke, Ripcord, Desert Viper, and SS are sitting there on the pegs remaining.
    People can say what they wish, but the fact that it's the OFF-SCREEN characters that are hard to find while in the meantime the MASSIVE line is dropped to $5 dollars at nearly every retailer nationwide tells you it's a collector only supported line.
    To say Snake Eyes is only in as much demand as the others or as easy to find is incorrect.
    I don't see a thread started ANYWHERE with 9 pages long on City Strike Duke or Jungle Ripcord and how people are exhaling with relief that they now have them in their possession.
    Maybe he will be easier to find later or maybe not.
    Either way I believe when it's all said and done, he will be the "gem" from this line in many, many people's eyes because he's the quintessential Snake Eyes to alot of people and like it or not the majority of the collector base station themselves in the Resolute camp.
    If some people didn't have a beef with the collectors for some odd reason and weren't constantly trying to be a Hasbro apologist, they'd realize that.

EDIT: Sell him for what you want Corey. If he gets harder to find as time wanes, you shouldn't have a problem selling him at that price even as a single piece.
    I agree that this is a collector driven line still, but I disagree with CS SE's really being in that much more demand. the only thing driving the demand is everyone buying all they find, thus reducing the ability of others finding them. it is contrived demand based not on the lack of product produced but the lack of product available due to the behavior of other collectors.

City Strike Snake Eyes is popular because A. He's Snake Eyes (even after nearly six months, the first versions from the movie sell quite quickly) and B. He's a resolute Snake Eyes. Huge collector and non-collector/speculator demand.

He's going to be categorically harder to find for quite a while if not for the duration of the figure's shipping.