Anyone else notice an increase in ebay crooks?

yojoe.com

Anyone else notice an increase in ebay crooks?

I`ve been hunting down joes on ebay for a few years now. In 2007 & 2008 I only had to file a couple of paypal claims. However in the last six months it`s been dozens. Has anyone else noticed this increase or is it just my luck? My dealings are mostly with Americans, wondeing if it`s the economic recession hiting harder than what the media is reporting, could be the reasoning for this idk.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Are you a seller or buyer? Confusing who the "crooks" are. Check out my stuff. Lots of good sellers that sell on ebay and trade here.

I buy and sell. I have my complaints with some buyers star rating, but what I`m refering to here is an increase in not receiving stuff I bought and having to file claims to get my moulla back. Like I said I hardly ever had to do it before but recently it has become common.

I`ll keep an eye on your ebay stuff Mike. I havn`t traded on here yet cuz I need to compile my lists but I look forward to, less fees and hastles eh?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow, straight up not shipping!! That is low, please provide a list of bad sellers, so we all can avoid.

The only problem I have had buying joes is from a forum member here. Sent money, got jack............

I was away from Ebay for a few months (trying to save money) and recently returned to make a few purchases. I haven't had any problem with items not being shipped, but I have noticed that all my buys since returning to Ebay have taken a LOT longer to get to me than before. We're talking 2-3 weeks after payment. I've never complained about that sort of thing, as long as I get correspondance to my inquiries, but unless the auction states a delivery time of 2-3 weeks, I think it's sort of slack. If an online store in Oregon with whom I placed an order on Friday evening at 6 pm can get my order to me in South Carolina by Monday, there's no reason a seller in Georgia or Tennessee or New Jersey can't get my stuff out quicker than three weeks. {Rant Done}

Sorry you've been dealing with crooks, though. At least the paypal protection is something. I've been fortunate in that I've only had to file a claim twice in about three years as a result of not receiving an auction item I'd won.
    Last edited by r07a23c; 11-02-2009 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadzx11
    The only problem I have had buying joes is from a forum member here. Sent money, got jack............
    Best bet there is to look at the compiled feedback thread, and give preference to people who post here a lot. There are some sketchy people registered on the board here, but any member that posts regularly have been awesome and easy to deal with in my experience.

Had a dude pay on oct 3, I shipped on oct 3, he recieved on oct 8, then left me a neutch. Most of my buyers are awesome. Bummer that I can't leave negs for the deadbeats. I guess I would rather have deadbeats than paypal SNAD scammers, though.

*knock on wood*

I have never once had a problem buying or selling on eBay, or anywhere for that matter.