1991 trading cards - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just won two sets of the tv commercial, Search and Destroy cards for about $8. I'm pretty excited to check them out. I will most likely trade a set away, after I have them both in hand, if anyone is interested. Each card has a different collecting tip on the back. One suggestion is to buy 3 of each toy: one to play with, one to keep in the package, one to trade away! Shameless, hasbro.

I believe the only Impel card I'm missing is Raptor, #177. I've always thought those cards were great, but the Milton Bradley set definitely gets more cred.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well this is the language from our very own site that got me all drooling:

"Put out by Impel Marketing in 1991, this series of trading cards is probably one of the highest quality, most impressive G.I.Joe items ever released. The cards pictured characters, vehicles, comic book covers, deceased characters, and special teams. Except for the reprinted comic book covers, all the artwork and copy written for the cards were original and never seen before."

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/tradingcards/impel.shtml

Wow, gold border sets too?

Complete set of 200 trading cards in plastic sleeves!

I will sell you a complete set for $20.00 + 4.00 s/h. These cards were opened and immediately placed in plastic sleeves. The buyer gets all 200 cards, the plastic sleeve pages and the binder!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If anybody needs one, I have a complete regular set for trade or sale. You can have the hobby box for the cards as well.

I definately don't want anywhere near $35 for it I would trade love to trade this away. Just something worth shipping it.

I opened a box last year I got for $6 and was about 6 cards away from 2 complete sets. I had about 4 of the cards already and someone hooked me up with the last 2.
    Last edited by Mighty Puundragon; 12-03-2009 at 07:34 AM.

I wouldn't do it. Put up a wantlist here. when I got out of boot camp in '92, Kay Bee had a pallet of them for $5 each wax box. I wouldn't even pay $20, but if ya'll are gonna start paying that kind of cheese for these cards, LMK so I can dig mine out and stick them on ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by chadzx11
    I wouldn't do it. Put up a wantlist here. when I got out of boot camp in '92, Kay Bee had a pallet of them for $5 each wax box. I wouldn't even pay $20, but if ya'll are gonna start paying that kind of cheese for these cards, LMK so I can dig mine out and stick them on ebay!
    That's the same way I got mine! $5 a BOX was awesome. I was ONE card short of a set, though. I think I was missing Sneak Peek. Not sure how I ended up with him, but I got him at some point. Maybe bought a second box! Don't remember...it was fifth grade.
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!
    BTW--When I came across your post on a TF G1 website about three or four years ago, I thought that your board name was the greatest thing I've ever read. Now. Three years later. I feel the same.
    Long live Robowang. -- Mark Bellomo

i have a moc snow serpent v2 and it has the gold card of baroness. i got 5 boxes of the cards looking for the gold ones. then i got the snow serpent saw it was in the back of the figure. this was also some time back. the cards are long gone and i still have the snowserpent. what i liked to do was army build the cards. i think i was up to about 35 snow serpents and hiss tanks lol.

o the joys of our youth and i turn 30 in a mnth woooooohooooooooo