Mail Away Canadian APC - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The one I have has Canadian decals, but the mail away was also available in the US. The light top was available at retail in Canada too, but with Canadian stickers.

I've never heard of any vehicles released in bilingual Canadian boxes, or coming from Hasbro Canada containing US stickers.

Also, I think there is a slight difference in the wheel colour between the mail away and the retail version.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks Joenorth. I'm guessing that the mail away I have came with the Canadian decals. Maybe one of the store up here got in an American version. I know when I started collecting in 92 the Toys and Wheels store would sometimes get in US versions. Ill check on the wheel colors though to make sure. Just gotta dust them lol.

For the most part Canadian retailers would carry the Canadian, bilingual packaged toys but there were certainly the odd times when a US boxed item would show up here. It was more frequent with other lines but it did happen. That would explain your US stickers as it's FAR less likely that a Canadian boxed item would come with US stickers.

As for Dan's comment above, figures and vehicles were released at the same time as their US counterparts. There definitely wasn't a significant lag time when something went to mail away in the US before it was released in Canada. Other countries, perhaps, but not Canada.
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks Shane. That what I figure mine are. Must have just mixed up the tops during a move or battle years ago. i wish I would have ordered more mail aways back then. I still have a couple filled out forms from back then..if only I'd sent them. 4 HISSs, 3 Skyhawks and 33 figures for only 97.00+ 1.95 shipping!!