2010 Con set IS the Red Shadows - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    I love the fact that Flint is in a set but I hate the figure they came up with.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

its funny ( but true) it being Flint ,everyone is complaining, including myself and its the LOOSER of the set so far, but had they given him a red Beret and called him SKIP it would have been a sure fire win LOL small little detail like that would have saved this figure for most people LOL

I can see why they added FLint to the set and i think its NOT A BAD IDEA ( still would have preferred SKIP ) . FLINT is not only MARVEL UK ACTION FORCE ( a nod to ACTION FORCE FANS of later Eras ) but also a major US character to get US collectors into this. IMVHO
    "We Will be victorious"!--Iron Claw
    ACTION FORCE and ACTION MAN website here
    http://www.bloodforthebaron.com

Quote Originally Posted by jamarmiller
    its funny ( but true) it being Flint ,everyone is complaining, including myself and its the LOOSER of the set so far, but had they given him a red Beret and called him SKIP it would have been a sure fire win LOL small little detail like that would have saved this figure for most people LOL

I can see why they added FLint to the set and i think its NOT A BAD IDEA ( still would have preferred SKIP ) . FLINT is not only MARVEL UK ACTION FORCE ( a nod to ACTION FORCE FANS of later Eras ) but also a major US character to get US collectors into this. IMVHO
    I think it's all part of a figure's identity too. It's just a horrible look for the Flint character. Look how people are liking Black Major, but now think if that exact figure was named Red Star or even Hawk. People would say it was horrible.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dang, I feel like a goober, I dig the Flint figure.

Actually, I'm liking everything we've seen from this set so far, esp. the Pyro Trooper. It seems like a lot of effort is going into this one, and with a concept that's reaching out to the hardcore fan. I still can't afford it, but I'm liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by r07a23c
    Dang, I feel like a goober, I dig the Flint figure.
    Don't feel bad I like the figure too.
    We've seen some really bad figures over the years. He's not bad but then again for a collector set it could have been better. It could have been worse... a lot worse.

did they use the movie edition head of M. Bison for the head of Black Major, just curious

Quote Originally Posted by scm
    did they use the movie edition head of M. Bison for the head of Black Major, just curious
    I never knew there were two versions.

I believe there is 3 actually

theres the GI JOE line one
    theres the Movie line one
    and then theres a 2 pack Blue one I believe too

could be wrong all my stuff is sitting in boxes in the USA
    "We Will be victorious"!--Iron Claw
    ACTION FORCE and ACTION MAN website here
    http://www.bloodforthebaron.com

Red face Black Major and the Red Shadows

I'll plead ignorance here, where do they fit in the Joeverse? If at all, or is it simply an Action Force faction?
    ..."Even COBRA Commander doesn't know much about Firefly. His fees are paid into a numbered Swiss bank account and are always payable in advance. He makes no guarantees and gives no refunds"

Quote Originally Posted by scm
    The regular m bison and the movie ones all have the same head.
    firefly owns you!