2010 Con set IS the Red Shadows - Page 13

yojoe.com

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete The Greek
    Agreed.

I can't believe that some of those Johnny-come-latelies on that message board I won't mention are whining about the Red Shadow's head. Seriously, due some homework in this hobby instead of playing with your 25th figures in a sand box.
    While quite blunt, I am in complete agreement with you, Pete. This is one of the most ambitious and impressive sets that The G.I.Joe Collectors Club has offered.

This is something that long-time collectors have been asking for since...I'd say the mid-90s. It is basically the official integration of European Action Force and G.I.Joe into one cohesive brand/concept.

And in a figure format/style that fits together with our long-standing collections.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm new to the club so I'm not sure how ordering goes. If I don't want to go to the convention, I can order a set. But am I able to order a bagged set from the website or do I HAVE to get the boxed set?
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I'm new to the club so I'm not sure how ordering goes. If I don't want to go to the convention, I can order a set. But am I able to order a bagged set from the website or do I HAVE to get the boxed set?
    You have to have purchased a boxed set in order to buy a bagged set.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

well that sucks

anyone buying a boxes set that's willing to get a bagged set for me? I'll prepay.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

I for one cannot wait for this set. I have always wanted to collect the international figs and always wanted the shadows ,now I can have a couple sets worth!

Quote Originally Posted by RedClaw
    Originally Posted by Pete The Greek:
    Agreed.

I can't believe that some of those Johnny-come-latelies on that message board I won't mention are whining about the Red Shadow's head. Seriously, due some homework in this hobby instead of playing with your 25th figures in a sand box.

Originally Posted by RedClaw:

While quite blunt, I am in complete agreement with you, Pete. This is one of the most ambitious and impressive sets that The G.I.Joe Collectors Club has offered.

This is something that long-time collectors have been asking for since...I'd say the mid-90s. It is basically the official integration of European Action Force and G.I.Joe into one cohesive brand/concept.

And in a figure format/style that fits together with our long-standing collections.
    I love the bluntness, and I agree with you both. Long. Live. Mighty. ARAH.
    Lurking since 2000.

O-rings. ARAH. Hama. 'Nuff said!

Is the head they are using for the red shadows the exact same mold from the 80's figure? Or is it like a retool of some existing head?

In any event those look damn sharp. I had a few red shadows when we lived in London when I was little. I can not wait for this set.
    firefly owns you!

Just checked out this coolness:

http://forums.yojoe.com/comics/73748...ack-major.html

Best line that doesn't stand the test of time and changes in vernacular: "Yahh! My tranny!"

It would be cool if GIJCC is on the ball and mentions the "John Shepherd" alias on the Black Major's filecard.
    Last edited by GMW79; 02-27-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    Lurking since 2000.

O-rings. ARAH. Hama. 'Nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by GMW79
    It would be cool if GIJCC is on the ball and mentions the "John Shepherd" alias on the Black Major's filecard.
    That would be very funny!

Well, I now find myself unable to attend. Anyone feel like picking up the extras for me and shipping them? Preferably someone with a PayPal card so I can send you the money at the con and you can use it directly from your account? Just wondering if anyone feels like helping out a fellow Joe collector, I DO know it is a pain standing in that line! Thanks!
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!