2010 Con set IS the Red Shadows - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    ARAH AND Red Shadows? Looks like I have no choice but to pick these up.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A fellow Yojoe member has kindly stepped up to help me out with the exclusives, so I am no longer in need of assistance with this. Thanks to everyone else for your considerations.

Maybe this is a stupid question, I'm not the biggest Action Force expert, or even the smallest.

So, this is Black Major;
    http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/...ackmajor-c.jpg

This is Red Shadows;
    http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/...edshadow-c.jpg

But, I can't find Red Torches. Newly made up, or something I can't find in the archives?
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse
    Maybe this is a stupid question, I'm not the biggest Action Force expert, or even the smallest.

So, this is Black Major;

This is Red Shadows;

But, I can't find Red Torches. Newly made up, or something I can't find in the archives?
    As far as I know it's a new troop type. Keep in mind it's been a looooong while since I was in England and only ever bought this stuff second-hand or on the secondary market.

Tolan
    Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse

So, this is Black Major;

This is Red Shadows;

They are new troopers but some of the Devils due characters may be included in the con stuff .

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    So basically, everyone who was cheesed last year at the con set being 25th style is happy this year.

Meanwhile, everyone who was happy to see 25th style exclusives last year seems to be cheesed at them being ARAH style this year.

Does that about sum it up?

I'll bet the fanbase over on Hisstank is apoplectic right about now.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

I don't understand why some people don't like one or the other. Ok, if you're new to collecting and don't have the nostalgic attachment to the '82-'94 ARAH stuff it's a little understandable, but look at all those awesome vehicles and playsets that we'll almost certainly never see in 25th format.

As for those who don't like the new stuff, why? It's better built, better articulated and has mostly the same design. They're not the toys you grew up with but that's ok, because they're not replacing the older stuff; they're bolstering and adding to the legend of GI Joe.

So why can't we all just get along instead of being divided along this line?

You know, I DID have the Originals...In fact my very first Joe was Flash...I have a huge attachment to the originals...BUT for the figures I like the 25th stuff better for all sorts of engineering and playability purposes....How I longed back in the day to be able to remove some of their magazines, have working holsters and packs that could actually hold stuff...Not to mention the 25th ones are more anatomicly proportionate.

I am not mad about them going with the old style...
    The rationalist in me wonders why they would go back to an inferior design,

The part of me that remembers the great times I had as a kid with the Joes smiles fondly,

The intellectual ponders why they didn't choose a character that hasn't already been done,

The cynic in me wonders how Hasbro is going to screw it up.

But there is definately no hatin' going on here

why indeed?
    I dont follow Star Wars boards, or transformer boards, are they as divided over vintage versus new?
    solution: three sets
    12 inch
    ARAH
    Modern
    if the club can do two sets to appease the original collectors and the 3 and 3/4 why not?
    I suppose the problem lies in the fact that Modern is based on ARAH concepts, however there are no hangups in the Star Wars celebration exclusives, Hasbro just creates what they want to with fan input of course.
    Here is the difference between the club and a little company called Lucasfilm. influence.
    you could:
    make two 8 figure sets, one ARAH and one modern, you can still get that army building vibe going by having 4 individual characters and 4 army builders, but would you do two sets of the same figs in each style or two different sets in the hopes that people would buy both?
    add more goodies to the sets, something cheap to produce, like pins, patches, accessories, remember the weapons set for the 12 inch crimson guard last year?

I look forward to seeing this set, something new and something a lot of collectors never had the chance to get or some may not have known even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    I'll bet the fanbase over on Hisstank is apoplectic right about now.
    Leave it to Dan to make me go look this crap up...

Definitions of apoplectic on the Web: