yojoe.com

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    why indeed?
    solution: three sets
    12 inch
    ARAH
    Modern
    if the club can do two sets to appease the original collectors and the 3 and 3/4 why not?
    I wouldn't think that would be realistic. One reason is because even more effort and coordination has to be done to make a 3rd set. This would be to to satisfy a group of people that is probably smaller than we think. But on top of that, I honestly think they are struggling with their 12" sets. The quantities of those sets are lower than RAH and they always seem to have them left over anyway. This used to be a 12" convention until the 3-3/4" guys came in and pretty much took it over. Without any inside knowledge, I kind of feel like they are still making 12" because 2 of the 3 running the show are 12" collectors and want to keep it alive and not because they make a bunch of money on it. Don't forget that they have actually been toying with the idea of combining the 12" and 3-3/4" lines by making 3-3/4" Adventure Team figures. I think they want to find out if they can pull it off and only make 1 set that both sets of collectors would buy.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

current tally on the nays vs yays over on ht is overwhelmingly positive, which just a few days ago it seemed all against because of it just being interrogator.
    after only two pages on HT
    yays:
    nays:
    6 and two fence riders
    of note, some who were disappointed with o-rings changed their tune when Red Shadows was announced I see. ( I compared the interrogator thread with the con reveal thread.)
    I wonder how many hate this set over on Blood for the Baron?

scary thing is..will this sell out?

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    I wouldn't think that would be realistic. One reason is because even more effort and coordination has to be done to make a 3rd set. This would be to to satisfy a group of people that is probably smaller than we think. But on top of that, I honestly think they are struggling with their 12" sets. The quantities of those sets are lower than RAH and they always seem to have them left over anyway. This used to be a 12" convention until the 3-3/4" guys came in and pretty much took it over. Without any inside knowledge, I kind of feel like they are still making 12" because 2 of the 3 running the show are 12" collectors and want to keep it alive and not because they make a bunch of money on it. Don't forget that they have actually been toying with the idea of combining the 12" and 3-3/4" lines by making 3-3/4" Adventure Team figures. I think they want to find out if they can pull it off and only make 1 set that both sets of collectors would buy.
    so true, there is a very close knit comraderie and passion among the 12 inch collectors and they are the "core" group of the club. I mean it is a club after all first and foremost. they have been at this for a long time the 3/3/4 sets really havent been around as long, my first con in Chicago was all 12 inch I believe there was one or two repaint figures in 3 3/4 that year

my main point is, and the club has mentioned this in round tables, GIJOE collectors are fickle, transformers fans will take whatever the club gives em...a purple optimus who is evil? yay!, and Star Wars fans are the same way, they buy what Hasbro puts out regardless of figure style or theme...because its Star Wars.

I knew about Red Shadows/action Force but now I get to really explore this hidden corner of the Joeverse. the whole fact that the club is doing something so off center... I applaud them for it, they are taking big risks lately, Dr. Venom AT, Big Lob, and now Red Shadows.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Besides, all things considered it Could have been worse....they coulda done an Exclusive GIJoe Extreme figure!

actually i would snap those up in a heartbeat! gijoe extreme in 3/34 that is. not in Extreme scale.

No, I ment Extreme scale...

I am looking for some help to pick up the attendie only exclusives. I cannot go this year and would like to know if someone going can pick them up for me. PM me if your going and we can work out the details.. Thanks
    Here's a link to my collection http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=104 Check out my GI Joe Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/truetroutttone Check out Joelanta 2010 http://www.joelanta.com My Want List http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=71936
    Currently cataloging my Collection at http://www.collector-actionfigures.com

my main point is, and the club has mentioned this in round tables, GIJOE collectors are fickle, transformers fans will take whatever the club gives em...a purple optimus who is evil? yay!, and Star Wars fans are the same way, they buy what Hasbro puts out regardless of figure style or theme...because its Star Wars.
    I suppose there is a certain truth to that. I liked the purple Optimus, but I never got the appeal for robots that transformed into robot gorillas and robot spiders. Aren't they supposed to be "in disguise"? I am pretty sure I could spot a robot gorilla coming my way. As as far as Star Wars collectors go... well they actually rallied, petitioned, and received by far the most obscure and hidiously ugly character ever, Willrow Hood. The figure looks like HE is pregnant. And they wanted this. I too am a Star Wars collector but never once did I ever want this turd of a character much less insist it actually get made.

I knew about Red Shadows/action Force but now I get to really explore this hidden corner of the Joeverse. the whole fact that the club is doing something so off center... I applaud them for it, they are taking big risks lately, Dr. Venom AT, Big Lob, and now Red Shadows.
    I personally hope the Club can get as far as they possibly could with releasing sets like these, as for many of us collectors, the international releases are a premium figure in it's own rights that few of us have had the oppurtunity to obtain. Add to that figures that Hasbro has overlooked throughout the years, & I'd also be interested in knowing if they can obtain the rights to produce figures, etc. based on prototypes or never-before-released figures/concepts (i.e. 1994 cancelled figures). That way, all the cool stuff I saw & wanted can be obtained, & I'm glad they are there to at least provide a sampling of that each year.

And while I have no problem either way with vintage or 25th style tooling, I do sort of wish they would stick to one or the other, & maybe re-release the international figures from last year's con set in the classic o-ring tooling. The box set has already been done that way, so no need to re-release those. I think the 25th version looks nice & everything, but I like for my newly started "international" collection to at least be of the same style.

As a member on Blood for the Baron who just pops by here occasionally I can say that the news has been very well received! (surprise surprise). Big enough for me to renew my Collectors Club subs and order a boxed set and a bagged (being in the UK the trip to collect would be a tad too far!). As our beloved Shads never really made it to O ring style figs (other than the likes of Red Laser and Red Jackal) I've been waiting on these for 25 years!

I'm guessing that the "Red Torch" figures will likely be some sort of Blowtorch wielding Red Shadow, but that's just purely a guess.

Any ideas when any "sneak peaks" are likely to begin to filter through?
    Alte Volat