2010 Con set IS the Red Shadows

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 235
  1. #1

    2010 Con set IS the Red Shadows

    I'm surprised no one has pointed this out yet. The CLUB released info on the Con set with registration forms;




    "There has never been an American release of the international
    figures in this set. We have some very special surprises for you!
    Every collector will want these vintage style figures from the
    set: Black Major, Interrogator, Flint, and the troopers: six Red
    Torches and six Red Shadows Troopers.

    Each of these exotic figures comes with their classic weapons and
    accessories in this exciting 2010 fifteen figure boxed set “Vaca-
    tion in the Shadows”!

    Make sure you are there for package pick-up on Thursday night
    so that you won’t miss this year’s souvenirs! These souvenirs
    will feature several highly sought after vintage style G.I. Joes
    along with one figure that will make its debut in 3 3/4” scale.
    These limited edition figures will have a major roll in the conven-
    tion exclusive comic book. Flint has been captured by the Red
    Shadows and their evil leader, the Black Major. Can Flint’s
    international team save him, and wis his role in this insidious plot?*
    "
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Just saw the brochure. That a great news!
    If i can get the money, i will go at the convention! Only six hours driving.

  4. #3
    Anyone able to pick up a set of the 3-3/4" attendee exclusives? I should be able to buy the boxed set from the club, but I need help obtaining the attendee exclusives. I pay quickly via Paypal & will compensate for your troubles.

    PM me if interested, & thanks in advance for the help.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    I am debating if it is worth the 6 hour drive.......but I am eager to purchase those souvenirs at the con rather than ebay....if I do go I might be willing to help out a few members that can make it.

    I have to ask this but has anyone ever bought items for other members? How woudlyou go about doing it? would you register under different names or under your name but order like 2 box sets under your name?

    here is what I am struggling with is it really worth driving 6 hours up the north east (w/ lOTS of Traffic can turn it into a 8 hour drive one way) just for a convention exclusive piece and the possblity of buying other con pieces. If you figure it would cost $80 in gas alone wouldnt cover ebay price for the exclusive right?

    Can anyone who has done this justchime in, if you have done it and if so how did you benefit (read $) from doing? Did your con set pay for it self buy going up there and buying stuff for other people or selling the items via ebay? I'm thinking of just driving up getting the items and turning around and heading back home the same or next day depending on when Ihead up on thursday or friday.
    Last edited by Skystriker; 02-02-2010 at 08:02 PM.
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

  7. #5
    Member stad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI and Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    1,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystriker
    I am debating if it is worth the 6 hour drive.......but I am eager to purchase those souvenirs at the con rather than ebay....if I do go I might be willing to help out a few members that can make it.

    I have to ask this but has anyone ever bought items for other members? How woudlyou go about doing it? would you register under different names or under your name but order like 2 box sets under your name?

    here is what I am struggling with is it really worth driving 6 hours up the north east (w/ lOTS of Traffic can turn it into a 8 hour drive one way) just for a convention exclusive piece and the possblity of buying other con pieces. If you figure it would cost $80 in gas alone wouldnt cover ebay price for the exclusive right?

    Can anyone who has done this justchime in, if you have done it and if so how did you benefit (read $) from doing? Did your con set pay for it self buy going up there and buying stuff for other people or selling the items via ebay? I'm thinking of just driving up getting the items and turning around and heading back home the same or next day depending on when Ihead up on thursday or friday.
    It's basically only worth it if you are going anyway, and are going to buy all the add-on items. To make it pay for itself, you'd probably need to eBay the stuff, rather than helping people here out, because unless you're going to gouge them on the prices, a few extra bucks really just covers the extra trips thru the line (specifically the extra waiting time, it IS LOOONG and SLOW).

    If, however, you're going to pick up extra sets for others, you'll want them in your name, otherwise you won't be able to pick them up.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

  8. #6
    Does anyone know what the club charged for the arah exclusives starduster & grandslam in 2007.

    my assumption is that the price of this years items will be around the same.
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stad

    If, however, you're going to pick up extra sets for others, you'll want them in your name, otherwise you won't be able to pick them up.
    This is true and very important to remember. I got a set for my wife in 2005 which I put on the same order form and paid with the same credit card. It was MY set, it only had her name on it so she could get into the dinner and stuff. They would not give me the set without her there. Didn't matter if I had the same address or anything. I was really lucky she was nearby but had my daughter in tow so it was chaotic.

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystriker
    Does anyone know what the club charged for the arah exclusives starduster & grandslam in 2007.

    my assumption is that the price of this years items will be around the same.
    I think they were $50.

    On another note, I think this set just made my whole trip much cheaper. I was pretty disapointed that it wasn't going to be a modern era set, and now it doesn't sound like a set that I would be interested in. Less time in line, more cash for other stuff.

    Also if your going to drive 12 hours round trip and not even spend half a day there I think you would prolly be better off with ebay.

  11. #9
    I agree unless you ebay the stuff, you will not 'make' your money back.

    On another note, I think this set just made my whole trip much cheaper. I was pretty disapointed that it wasn't going to be a modern era set, and now it doesn't sound like a set that I would be interested in. Less time in line, more cash for other stuff.
    Same thoughts. I was planning on driving from Dallas (27 hours). I have never had any intrest in International figures. Also not breing modern style, kinda makes me not want them. I enjoy my ARAH figuers, but that has passed. I'm just not sure if I will even go now.

  12. #10
    I live in Canada and don't currently drive, so getting there is out of the question for me. I seriously want this set though, is there anyone who'd be willing to pick me one up? I'll pay in advance, with a little extra cash or something in trade to sweeten the deal

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •