"Black" guns, etc...

yojoe.com

"Black" guns, etc...

Hello all, I have some issues identifying various shades of weapons, specifically Stalker's machine gun and Cobra Commander's pistol. I have several of each one that appear to me to be a dark grey colour. For Stalker, I thought this was the accessory pack version but apparently CC's gun was only reissued in dark or light blue.

Now, I have (and have had for some 15+ years) what looks to me like a dark grey version, about the same shade as, or maybe slightly darker than, the weapons that came with the Battle Platform. Any ideas out there on what these are?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Stalker should have these colors:
    Light grey-accessory pack (not the light grey of weapons like shortfuze and zap)
    Dark grey-original accessory
    Black-various later figs

Cobra Commander
    Dark grey-original accessory
    Black-? unsure, I have one of these and can't figure where it is from
    Light Blue-accessory pack

Really? Hmmm... so I guess black and dark grey are interchangeable in the archives? Both Stalker and TF Duke are said to have black rifles, but in all my time I'd only had dark grey ones until I got the Viper Pod set in '97. I was worried I had all AP weapons for those two, but I know I got a TF carded as a kid and one of these guns should be his...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Another item never revamped in the WHOBIT after it was hacked. I'd changed them to say "Dark Dark Gray" as teh color and the AP weapons were "Dark Gray"

Black would be later like the 97 version of the stalker gun.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Excellent, thanks! Good to know my figures are as complete as I thought after all

Cool! That probably also means that my Cobra Trooper has his original rifle, since it's a darker grey than the TTBF rifles.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    There are also "really dark and glossy black" versions of some of these weapons that were released with the South American versions of Joe figures.

For example, Stalker's gun came with (I think it was) the original Shimik from Argentina in a "really dark and glossy black" color.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

I'd love to dive back into the WHOBIT to correct all this again, so that more people would see that what they have is correct, but that won't likely happen, and I don't know of any newer members that have wanted to take it on (or have the knowledge).
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

What would be really helpful are side by side pics of the various colors. I did one for someone asking the difference between the python patrol trooper AK white version and the AP white version. You could really see the difference in that the PP version is really a light grey. Would be good for the stalker, grunt, snowjob, Cobra trooper, etc which have four or more really close colors.

Just need the right person with a) the knowledge, b) the collection to do it with, c) the time and d) the inclination.

I surely don't have D any more.

John M>